Search Unity

StickyNotes - In-editor comments and notes

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ManHunterITA, Dec 29, 2018.

1. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

StickyNotes is a tool to leave scene-level comments and notes directly into Unity Editor, in a visual manner.

It makes trivial to communicate intents, design choices and ideas to other team members without having to leave the scene. It allows designers to leave directives to coders, coders to request for level pieces to designers, etc.

You can easily group notes with tags, specify the author, write a note long description and link a target to the note itself. With note-level commands you can easily navigate around your notes and targets in order to get a clear idea of what that note communicates!

Also, notes are stored directly in the scene. This allows you to synchronize them with your favourite versioning software, without changing your workflow/pipeline.

Usage example: you have a door and you want it to open with a specific key, in a room far away from this door. Well, you can attach the note on the door, explain this in the note, link the key as target.

Some screenshots:

Here is the Asset Store URL: https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...cky-notes-in-editor-comments-and-notes-135636

Feel free to give me ideas and feedback, based on what you may need for your own scenario!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

3. ManHunterITA

ManHunterITA

I am giving away some free keys for the launch of this plugin!
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. ASV-4UWK-G3CW-6UND-NEK4-47EU
    2. ASV-KW67-WGAN-PCGP-444D-7H4R
    3. ASV-T46U-HH3J-49WE-W7HF-P6DE
    4. ASV-VL7J-V6AP-WPLA-JYQY-YTRV
    5. ASV-A9HY-6MT6-KLMU-WD4L-FECV
    6. ASV-VMYN-9ER3-EMA9-9UA7-FKNJ
    7. ASV-EUHU-TRGP-CMRX-H64T-7F3A
    8. ASV-6EPN-QXPM-UQX3-4X3W-JMHX
    9. ASV-C6AJ-TWR7-QFAG-MFYK-DTYF
    10. ASV-YNUJ-74VA-CCWD-LRHF-AVPW
    If you take one of them I would love if you will also leave a review on the store with your thoughts and feedback! Thank you!

Proto-G likes this.
  4. umair21

umair21

This asset helped me alot and thanks for that but I found one simple thing really annoying and that's manual assigning of Target object so that you could track it down easily from within Notes Manager. I have added one really simple line in StickyNote.cs script inside Initialize() method on Line 51 below this line:

Code (CSharp):
    1. StickyNotesManager.Initialize();
    Add this simple childish line below that:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Target = transform.parent != null ? transform.parent : Target = transform;
    And everytime you add in a new note, it will automatically assign the target object making it easy by not requiring manual assignment of Target object. If the object doesn't have parent then it will simply assign it's own tranform as a Target.

ManHunterITA likes this.
  5. banksysan_unity

banksysan_unity

I just installed this and it has compile errors:

The type or namespace name 'PlayerLoop' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    The type or namespace name 'UnityScript' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

6. Autarkis

Autarkis

if you're still looking for a solution, open up StickyNotesManagerWindows.cs and at the top remove the using statement for PlayerLoop and the one for UnityScript.
    Add using UnityEngine.LowLevel to access the correct namespace for PlayerLoop and you should be good to go,