Search Unity

Question Stereoscopic 360º VR player

Discussion in 'VR' started by DieGlolum, Apr 6, 2023.

1. DieGlolum

DieGlolum

Hi, I have tried to get Skybox/Panoramic to work with alpha channel for transparency or cutout but it doesn't seem to be possible.

I put this post in General Graphics forum but it doesn't seem that this can be solved with a default Unity Skybox/Panoramic.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/skybox-layered-with-alpha-channel.1421447/

I wanted to ask you if you know any method or tutorial to make a stereoscopic 360º VR player but one that is from two spheres one for each eye/camera I guess that is how it was done some years ago.

I also wanted to know if anyone knows what could be a good approach to develop a VR experience like the one described in the link using masked Panoramics backgrounds and objects rendered in real time.

Thanks in advance
    Diego

2. DieGlolum

DieGlolum

In case anyone is interested in this workflow.

Finally the way to solve it was with two spheres one for each eye and using the Standar shader with alpha channel in each sphere.

Assign each sphere in a different layer (Left and Rigth ) and duplicate the XRcamera and assign one to the left eye and the other to the right eye in the camera Inspector / Target Eye .
    Finally assign the corresponding layer to each camera.

It works very well and you can animate objects between layers.

Ony likes this.
  3. wechat_os_Qy07iOERcVLUkuLyg_01c_5Ho

wechat_os_Qy07iOERcVLUkuLyg_01c_5Ho

hello ,I have made a real-time 360° VR video in a sphere by using VLC for
    unity.However,after I convert it to a apk and send it to HTC vive focus 3 I find it can't work automatically.It just show a 360° picture and no 360° video played. Is there any solution for this problem.