Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Stereo Instancing doesn't respect Stereo Target Eye when rendering to a RenderTexture (Custom SRP)

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by equalsequals, Nov 10, 2021.

1. equalsequals

equalsequals

Hi, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what I am doing wrong.

I am trying to support Stereo Instancing in a (minimalist) custom SRP, and I am coming up against an issue when I attempt to target anything other than the device Eye Textures (e.g 'XR Texture [x]').

If I render to the Eye Textures directly, everything works fine and each instance is rendered to its respective Target Eye. In the case where I target a RenderTexture, both instances are rendered to the Left Eye Only (Slice 0).

After viewing both cases in RenderDoc and comparing, I see no discernable difference between the Draw Calls themselves, the RenderTargets, nor the outputs from the Vertex Shaders.

Working (Eye Textures):

Not working (RenderTexture):

I am looking at URP as a reference but am finding it hard to parse out the relevant snippets.

I can provide more info and screen shots if someone would be willing to look at this with me.

Thanks in advance.