Search Unity

Stereo 3D

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Omar Rojo, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

Look, i have this very weird question about some 3D glasses im using.

I tested my application when it was very young, and the stereo glasses worked just fine. But after a lot of development i tried the glasses again to see the final application, but they arent working!! i cant see stereo!! and that is really bad.. i dont know what is causing it.

So i created another testing project just to check, a very simple one with cubes, and the stereo vision works fine!! but in the main project they wont...

Any idea what could be the reason of this behavior ?? shaders? multiple cameras? combination of ortho and persp ? anything else ???? i need the stereo !

:D

.ORG

2. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

Nobody with experience on 3D stereo vision ??

:(

.ORG

3. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

You're a little vague here with what your doing exactly. Is this anaglyph, polarized, LCD shutter, lenticular etc...? A little more info would help.

4. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

Im vague because i dont know what is happening :(

Im using the eMagin stereoscopic glasses 3DVisor Z800 http://www.3dvisor.com/products.php and as i said, they work when i test it with simple applications so if any UT guy knows about something that can nullify this effect in the graphic card please let me know! AFAIK the stereo vision is done outside the application, in the driver layer.

Thanks

.ORG

5. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Ok, cool, so you're playing these Unity builds on a PC with the Z800 and in a simple scene they work fine. Aras is the best person to answer this of course, but I suggest slowly stripping out the fancy bits of the scene you're working on that is not displaying this stereoscopic effect properly until you single out what is causing the problem...

My guesses of things that would stop this effect from working would be:

Multiple/overlapping cameras.

Orthographic cameras.

Image based effects.

Render Textures.

I used to be really into stereoscopic imagery so I think it's great you're experimenting with it in Unity. I hope you get it working again!

6. Omar Rojo

Omar Rojo

The problem is i dont have time to test all that stuff, its too much and the deathline is just in a couple of days.. not mentioning that i have a lot of work to do yet

:(

.ORG

7. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

I'm sure that a lot of us would love to help, but it's impossible to figure out what's wrong based on your description here. We'd need screenshots, scripts, that kind of stuff.

d.

8. EducaSoft

EducaSoft

Omar,

First of all, do you run in 60hz fullscreen 3D at 800x600

Thats the only resolution and refresh in which your 3dvisor will work.

Secondly, if you want to I can test this since I own a Z800 3dvisor too.

So tell me...