Search Unity

Step 4 - File Bundle Specifics should be noted in the BlackBerry FAQ

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Tomo-Games, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

Hi All

I'm trying to upload my bar file manually and I noticed that there are parameters that need to checked off on the File Bundle settings. This is after you click the + on Releases under "Manage Products" of your game. Then get up to Step 4 under New Release Submission. Click Add filebundle

Name -
    file bundle name

Platform -
    BBOS or QNX (I would assume BBOS should be set)

Min. OS - 4.5.0 - 7.1.0 (default is 4.5.0. I would assume this should be 10.0?)

Device Support - 0 devices (Z10 and Q10 are not even listed, what should be checked off here?)

Language Support -
    All

Files - 0 (this should be your Unity bar file)

Ok after uploading the bar file many of the drop down choices have changed.

Platform - defaults on QNX. (I should leave it like this?)

Min OS - 1.0.0 - 10.2.0 (defaults on 1.0.0, this should be 10.0 right?)

Devices Support - More choices here. I recall reading Playbook wasn't supported yet. So what is?
    [TABLE="class: dr-table rich-table, width: 863"]
    [TR="class: dr-table-row rich-table-row"]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell"]BlackBerry Q10[/TD]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell"][/TD]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell device_selection"]
    • All
    • Show Devices (0 of 1 selected)
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: dr-table-row rich-table-row alternate"]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]BlackBerry Q5[/TD]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"][/TD]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell device_selection, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]
    • All
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell"]BlackBerry Z10[/TD]
    • All
    • Show Devices (0 of 3 selected)
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: dr-table-row rich-table-row alternate"]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]BlackBerry Z30[/TD]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"][/TD]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell device_selection, bgcolor: #EEEEEE"]
    • All
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: dr-table-cell rich-table-cell"]PlayBook[/TD]
    • All
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. I guess needing a COD file is not needed here.

Note what happens if Texture Compression is left as 'Don't overwrite' under Build Settings? I recall reading that a separate Bar should be created for each type like PVRTC ATC. I didn't know if this is really required as it would mean I would have to make two bundles. Thanks

2. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

Ok - I guess I answered my own question somewhat as uploading the bar will update / limit your choice selections.

Off the bat I noticed when testing the IAP Plugin on the BlackBerry World App running in developer mode that my SKU or Content ID will not be found if I don't compile my Bar file with a specific Texture Compression selection which matches my GPU. Obviously you need to map the proper device choices for each bar file in question.

Unity says ATC (Adreno), PVRTC (PowerVR), ETC1 or RGBA16 (GLES 2.0) for build settings.

On Vendor Portal this get's a bit tedious / cumbersome to check off in Devices supported for the filebundle ("Add Release Version") as your BlackBerry Z10 choices are: Imagination GPU, Qualcomm GPU, Qualcomm GPU VZW

And the other phones listed (like Q10, Z30...) don't say what GPU they have as there is only one device to choose from for each model. I went with the 2 Qualcomm choices for my Z10 as my phone is Model STL100-3 with a bar compiled with ATC in Unity. If I create the other bar file for PVRTC it should be the Imagination GPU.

I suppose if I just build with the third choice and make sure my textures are all imported as RGBA16 I won't have to create separate bar files?

Sorry guys if I'm over complicating things. This is my 1s run at BlackBerry.

BTW Anyone else notice errors in the IAP plugin v1.0.1 when trying to get a list of existing purchases in Sandbox mode?
    The parent application could not be located with in the reconcile cache?

The 2nd thing I noticed with the plugin is that I build the Bundle Version as v0.1 but BlackBerry World calls it Version: 0.1.0.1 when running the Developer Mode content download from SKU / Content ID go figure.

Note you can find more information about the BlackBerry 10 FAQ here. It really needs to be update.