Search Unity

Question Steamworks implementation launches Spacewar

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by zwaffles, Feb 16, 2021.

1. zwaffles

zwaffles

I've tried implementing steamworks into a little unity game I'm making. My build works fine and I can host the game and so on, but when I try to invite my friend it launches spacewar on his end. How do I get my friend to join into my game instead of the spacewar lobby thing

2. Mauri

Mauri

Replace the Spacewar app ID (480) inside
    steap_appid.txt
    with your own.

Munchy2007 likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If you're using steam_appid.txt, meaning your game isn't a part of the other player's steam library most likely, then I don't think Steam will know what to do when it tries to launch a game that it doesn't think is installed. You leave steam_appid.txt out of the content folder when you actually upload your build to your Steam depo or whatever it is called.

I think you actually need to upload your game to Steam, and download it through the regular Steam library download system, for you to test this. But maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're doing.

Mauri likes this.
  4. Mauri

Mauri

The reason why I came up with the .txt file is this: https://steamworks.github.io/faq/#steam-only-shows-me-playing-spacewar-how-do-i-change-it-to-my-game
    No idea if you're using Steamworks.NET, but it also applies to if you're implementing the Steamworks API from scratch on your own.

Munchy2007 and Joe-Censored like this.