Search Unity

SteamVR_TrackedController not exists, how to know if trigger clicked? SteamVR 2.0

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by CloudyVR, Nov 9, 2018.

1. CloudyVR

CloudyVR

I can not figure out how to run function when trigger is clicked. SteamVR has changed too dramatically and now it is mysterious and completely non-function in my game.

I used to use SteamVR_TrackedController and hook to an even, but now its something more abstract and curious.

What is it that I must do to simply get the trigger click from a Valve.VR.InteractionSystem.Hand?

castana1962 likes this.
  2. CloudyVR

CloudyVR

I created an action and then looped while getting the state of that action:

Code (csharp):
    1. public SteamVR_Action_Boolean clickAction = SteamVR_Input.GetAction<SteamVR_Action_Boolean>("Teleport");
    3.     public void Update() {
    4.         var hand = GetComponent<Hand> ();
    6.         Debug.Log(clickAction.GetState(hand.handType));
    8.     }
    This feels WAY less efficient than the previous way of using callback/hooking to events and only firing when nescessary. Instead now I must include an Update() function to all my objects.

Not sure what SteamVR is thinking but it sure is turning into one big disaster whatever it is.

--

So how do I get trigger Clicked or trigger Released??? Do I have to make temp variable and check for state change myself??

If so, SteamVR is really going down hill.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  3. castana1962

castana1962

Yes, Unfortunate the SteamVR SDK have changed a lot and not there are any info about these changes.
    I also used SteamVR_TrackedController to set my controller but now I do not know how I have to do it.
    If anybody know it , please let us the solution...
    Thanks

4. castana1962

castana1962

Hi trappist-1
    I found this video tutorial in youtube
    Hope this help you !!!

5. StefanXR

StefanXR

Here is a better Video, where the new Input System for SteamVR 2.0.0 is explained. And it's in English ;-)

und here is an update for SteamVR 2.2.0

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019