Search Unity

SteamVR with HDRP

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Dennis18, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Dennis18

Dennis18

Every time I start my Unity project and try to run it, I only get to see one color, as shown in the image below. The only way I can resolve this is by selecting the actual camera on runtime. Once I select the camera I get to see my scene again. I think it has something to do with the HDRP package. In the versions before I added the HDRP package there are no problems and the camera shows the scene without any problems. In all the versions with the HDRP package I have this problem. The only problem is that I have no clue how to resolve this issue. Is there anyone who has had this problem before?

First time running the scene
    upload_2019-4-16_8-49-53.png

Once I selected the camera
    upload_2019-4-16_8-55-10.png

2. castana1962

castana1962

Hi Dennis18
    Sorry for my ignorance but I am working with VR projects and I have one questions for you and I would like to ask some of them. Would it be possible?
    1- Why Did you chose HDRP to add to your VR projects? ( The unity people advice us use LWRP?
    2 Did you build any VR complete project in Unity with SteamVR and HDRP?
    3- Did it works fine?
    Thanks for your time
    Alejandro

3. Dennis18

Dennis18

My teacher was the one who said we should use HDRP for our project. I had not heard of it before my teacher said anything, just started looking into the different possibilities with HDRP and LWRP. So I do not have a real reason for using HDRP, besides my teacher recommending it to us. This is the first project with HDRP and SteamVR for me. And no it did not work fine unfortunatly. I still haven't figured out why this problem with the camera occurs. If I cant get it resolved in the next few days, I'm just going to skip HDRP.

4. castana1962

castana1962

Ok
    Thanks for your answer
    Hope you can get any help to fix this problem !!!
    Good luck
    Alejandro

5. mikerz1985

mikerz1985

Have you done everything as per this document https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/wiki/VR-in-HDRP
    ?

6. kylefeehan

kylefeehan

Hey Dennis, I'm having a similar issue. Were you able to figure it out?

7. dhaminitinCbre

dhaminitinCbre

Hey Did anyone find any solution to this problem yet?

8. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

It is worth submitting a bug report through the unity editor if possible to report this to the development team.