Search Unity

1. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Participate with students all over the world and build projects to teach people. Join now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

SteamVR & VIVE Tracker with Player prefab

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by JoRangers, Jul 25, 2018.

1. JoRangers

JoRangers

Hi,

I work in Unity with SteamVR and I bought the VIVE trackers.

I watched some tutorials but they do their setup with the basic CameraRig.

I want to use the trackers with the Player prefab from the InteractionSystem of SteamVR.
    I was suprised to see nothing on this prefab to add easily more controllers.

The only solution I have found is to add the SteamVR_ControllerManager component on the Player prefab. Then add the hands and the others controllers, same as the CameraRig.

But in some rare cases, the trackers don't activate when I need hit in Unity. I have to stop and replay to get everythings works.

Have you others solutions to link the trackers and the Player prefab from steamVR ?

Thank you for your help.

2. eastes

eastes

I'm noticing that the trackers won't work unless both vive controllers are also on.

3. petergraham003

petergraham003

@eastes , Did you find a solution on how to use tracker with both Vive controllers turned OFF ?