Search Unity

SteamVR + Vive: Scaling the camera rig around the player

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Tuism, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Tuism

Tuism

Hi there

I'm playing with player scale by scaling the camera rig's scale, but there's a limitation to this in that the scaling happens rooted to the anchor point.

I wanted to try and work out a way to scale around the player's feet, or at least, based on the headset position, but it doesn't seem possible to move the anchor point, if I moved the camera rig within another gameobject, the player moves, and I can't manually move the player's head tracking...

Is there a way to do this?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello, the googler sends me.

Isn't it interesting how silly gimmicks can be really useful in VR. I want to scale the player, too. We will need to do it by directly accessing the camera component's gameobject with a script. If I am understanding your problem is scaling the rig changes the child camera's positioning incorrectly.

3. Beloudest

Beloudest

When I scale my parent player object containing my cam rig it scales the camera too in 5.4 Unity version with native cams. If you don't want it to scale then use a follow script to move the cam rig parent in relation to your players head or whatever. Any good?

4. KamiKaze425

KamiKaze425

We're actually running into a similar problem. In Unity 5.3.5 we scaled the CameraRig in the X and Z but not the Y in order to make the room feel larger than it is. But now in Unity 5.4, if you look up and down, the camera rotation/position reacts strangely.
    Any ideas on how to accomplish the same effect in Unity 5.4?

5. wuhsi

wuhsi

I ran into the same problem. Did any of you find a workaround on this?

6. Beloudest

Beloudest

I can't just add the cameras to 1 parent object and scale that object as opposed to camera parented in a camera object. I have no problems with this. Maybe I misunderstand the problem.