Search Unity

1. Unity wants to learn about your experiences working on a Unity project today. We'd like to hear from you via this survey.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

SteamVR TeleportPoint doesn't show up anymore

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by SWTUniMA, Oct 10, 2018.

1. SWTUniMA

SWTUniMA

Hello everyone,
    I have been working lately with the SteamVR plugin and I was currently developing the teleportation system.
    At first it was all working perfectly, but now that I tried to get back to it I'm having a problem with the TeleportPoints. They somehow don't show up anymore. They work just fine and the laser turns green when you are pointing at one and everything, but you just can't see this "blue tunnel" that indicates you where the teleport points are.
    I don't know if I changed something that caused that or what happened, but I have been trying for days to find the solution without any improvement...
    I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this, I'm pretty sure it is just a random variable that needs to be changed and it would be done, but I just can't find that variable.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Miguel

2. jakeclay2010

jakeclay2010

Years later here. Did you ever find a solution? I am in URP Unity 2019.4.3f1 and for the life of me I cannot figure this out. My teleport areas work just fine, but my points only show a green arrow when they are hovered over. Otherwise, the user basically has to guess the location of the teleport points.

3. jakeclay2010

jakeclay2010

I figured as soon as I reached out I would figure it out. My issue was just a layering issue. The teleport points are on UI layer, and my camera was not rendering UI. Artifact from a point where I had a second camera that specifically rendered UI.

unityunity