Search Unity

Steamvr teleport not working when loading new level

Discussion in 'VR' started by jaycoxcp, Mar 29, 2019.

1. jaycoxcp

jaycoxcp

Hi Guys,
    This is my first time on the forums (so please excuse my ignorance).
    I have two scenes with the SteamVR 2.0 teleport system and all works fine in the editor on both.
    When playing teleport works great in the first scene but when I transition or load the next scene teleport no longer works.

I have tried 'load scene', load level, 'Steam VR_Load Level' all with the same results.
    I have also tried a build and it is the same. All scenes are in the build list.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Have a great day!

2. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

do you have the 'teleporting' prefab in both scenes you are trying to load?

3. jaycoxcp

jaycoxcp

Thanks for your response.
    Yes I have the 'Teleporting' and 'Player' prefabs in all three scenes. 2 scenes have teleport points and 1 has a teleport area.
    Another weird glitch is that when I change scenes the hand model on the players left hand gets mashed and kind of inverted in on itself. It still works but looks messed up.

4. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

have you tried using the non steam vr way of loading scenes? like this

public void GotoScenario0()
    {
    SceneManager.LoadScene("ScenerA");
    }

there is a teleport bug that prevents steam vr to show the tele points after you initially do it once...but loading a fresh scene in the way i posted above will work. hopefully that makes some scense but if that doesnt work i have a fix directly from unity that does work...

5. jaycoxcp

jaycoxcp

Thanks so much. I will give it a try and let you know.

6. AstonScrub10

AstonScrub10

Any luck?

7. jaycoxcp

jaycoxcp

Hi markjanzen88,

SO sorry for the delay, I got swamped on a big job.

I am still getting the same result using the 'LoadScene' script outlined above. When it loads the scene the Player VR left hand model is inverted (image attached) and there is no teleport. Right hand model is fine.

Really not sure what to do as I would have guessed this is something that every VR game would need to do.
    Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also does anyone know where I could get an example project that loads seperate scenes in VR so I can pull it apart and see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks so much to everyone for the suggestions.

Attached Files:

8. jaycoxcp

jaycoxcp

As for the Player Hand model. It looks like it is trying to fit the left hand model to the right hand rigging. (Image attached)

Attached Files:

9. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

hmm looks like your using the newest steam vr...i would consider downgrading to version 1.2.3 (before the hand stuff) and maybe it will work for. thats the version im using since im a one man show at my current company and dont have the resources to use the new one yet....

ps - make sure your teleport points are different in each scene...maybe delete and make new ones so you know they are different in each scene and not all sharing the same ones...

10. MPI_IS_HI

MPI_IS_HI

Hey! I have the same issue! did you manage to fix it?

11. jaycoxcp

jaycoxcp

Still have the issue. I really need the hand models so I do't want to downgrade.
    Exactly the same thing happens when I restart the level also.
    Very frustrating. I will continue to work on it and post if I have any success.

12. Bentoon

Bentoon

I have the same problem!
    What's going on ? Switching between 2 scenes in Unity 2018.3 with SteamVR 2.2 doubles the player... hand models appear in 2 different areas and the teleport function no longer works

13. architwister

architwister

14. jaycoxcp

jaycoxcp

Holy Sh#&, I am so sorry it has take me this long to get back to you. Swamped with work and many other excuses that are not that good.

I just tried this finally and it works perfectly! Thank you so much you have solved the biggest problem I have been having with a simple checkbox.

I can't thank you enough and I hope this helps the next guy!

15. VHKA

VHKA

Amazing post. Very helpfull.
    if you don't have steam vr in scene, put it, add steam behaviour component and uncheck "Don't destroy".

16. Konrad-Hagn

Konrad-Hagn

You Sir are wonderful and safed my day! Got a Patreon so i can buy you a beer?

andierm98 likes this.
  17. bdeschryver

bdeschryver

Hey guys,

I am posting in the old topic : for a game with multiple scenes and the player has to switch between them often, I have my player prefab in "do not destroy" and shared between scenes. Should the teleporting prefab be also in "do not destroy" ?

18. enhox090

enhox090

I finally found the right place. So appreciate you for helping people like me on this issue.