Search Unity

[SteamVR] Space Battle VR

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by MaciejKrzykwa, Dec 7, 2018.

1. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

Hello guys! :)

Some of you already know the Space Battle game but this time we are going to VR!
    Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/982700/Space_Battle_VR/

We are inspired by games like Elite Dangerous. Or Everspace (not gameplay-wise here).

Space Battle VR is an action shooter set in space. It supports VR controllers to give you a real feel how it is to be a spaceship pilot. We believe you can truly feel the cosmos with this game. With passion to making games we put a lot of effort to get VR controllers (HTC Vive and Oculus Rift ones) give you an immersive experience - it is like you “physically” grab the sticks with your controllers. Using the touch controllers as flight sticks makes the whole game more immersive. Not only immersive, but fun.

It may seem like a PR bla bla bla, but I truly believe in what I'm saying ;).
    I know that many of Unity3D developers are curious about the development process of VR games or how the VR market grows etc. We, as Raba Games, are looking at the VR market and now we are releasing our own game, so I know this and that. And that is why I would be happy to answer all your questions. I'm not an uber expert about it but maybe I can help someone - I like to feel that all of the Unity3D community is working together and sharing experience :D

And here is the gameplay video for Space Battle VR:

Deleted User likes this.
  2. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

3. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

4. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

Hi guys!

We are planning to add WMR support soon. Do you know any pitfalls when implementing it?

5. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

We have a big update and a huuuuge sale -40% !

We pushed a big update today with new cooler and cleaner base UI, new sounds, and possibility to complete the game in the MASTER mode.
    But there is more! At 10:00AM PST the huge -40% sale begins. It is the perfect moment to buy Space Battle VR because such an occasion possibly won't happen again in 2019 :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/982700/Space_Battle_VR/

What's there in this update?

There are two main big points in this update along with small fixes:

1) Redesigned and soo much cooler UI in the base station.
    2) The Master mode - more fun for experienced players.

Great first impression

We believe it matters what you see when you jump into the game. And now it will be really cool! More intuitive, more beautiful, more interactive. Just take a look:

The Master mode

Try to beat the game as a master! The dark lord will command his troops to fight at full power. This means that every mission is a true challenge. Experienced players will surely appreciate that you can choose to fight opponents that are as good as you.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/982700/Space_Battle_VR/

Best wishes and happy playing!

6. Belcherman

Belcherman

Looks pretty cool, nice work.

7. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

Thanks! We are proud mostly of our VR controlls. You can grab in game controls with your virtual hands and it just works :D

Also we are going to put small updates regularly so the game should get better and better. We hope we can do it!

8. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

9. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

10. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

11. unity_pEYhTpNPB6XoWQ

unity_pEYhTpNPB6XoWQ

Hey great game, just wonndering how to flip controller axis ? Because when I tilt my hand to the right the virtual stick is goes to the left. The same thing apply to the left controler, when I push my hand the in-game hand is pulling.
    I've looked into "bindings_vive_controller.json" but I've no clue about what does that means. regards

12. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa

You can't change that in the game but I think you have to re-calibrate your VR room. Maybe you are sitting back to the front of what your device think is the front :)

13. mholmes

mholmes

OMG this looks amazing where do i buy it.

14. MaciejKrzykwa

MaciejKrzykwa