Search Unity

SteamVR controller input not working

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by NubeBuster, Mar 22, 2020.

1. NubeBuster

NubeBuster

I imported SteamVR plugin from the assets store, then I dragged the 'Player.prefab' into the scene.

Normally I should be able to use my controllers and buttons on it. But in my case I can see my hands but pressing the buttons does not do anything.

I am using and Oculus Rift CV-1 with the Touch controllers.
    My drivers and everything are up to date.
    Tracking the movement of the controllers works, but pressing the buttons does not do anything.

Here's a short video showing how I set it up:

The steamvr input live view doesn't detect anything

It started working in one project after I did something. I don't know what. But now it stopped working again after some time. Still not sure what's happening

Could anyone help me out? Thanks in advance

2. NubeBuster

NubeBuster

Anyone?

3. NubeBuster

NubeBuster

4. NubeBuster

NubeBuster

5. NubeBuster

NubeBuster

Only took me 14 days to figure out this is a bug where I have to hit the oculus home button once and then it all starts working. Nice...

6. d00nutb00y

d00nutb00y

I got the same problem. Do you have to press the Oculus home button after starting your game? Doesn't work for me

7. Kanishkau

Kanishkau

nice solution. it worked...
    press home button when the problem comes and select default

8. rabycall

rabycall

So I was just given a Rift over the weekend, my friend upgraded to the S. It works wonderfully for all games through the Oculus launcher. I can use my Xbox controller or the touch controllers. I can use the xbox controller just fine in non-vr steam games. But when I load SteamVR, it lists the controller as installed hardware that it's tracking, ronhan "20x50 binoculars reviews but when I load a controller input game (like Subnautica or Elite Dangerous) the game doesn't see the xbox controller, only the touch controllers. I have installed WMR support for steam.
    Ok, it seems that what's happening is the steam VR menu is staying open in the background when I load a game, and keeping the focus of the controller. Current work-around is to swap back over to that screen in the oculus menu so I can close the steam menu, then swap back to the game, then the controller works... I'm sure there's a better fix, but... this is what I've found so far. Posting this for other people hunting for the same issue. If I find a better fix, or someone else replies with one, I'll update so the answer is at the top and easy to find.

9. Gorgot

Gorgot

I have this same problem but using Steamvr and vive controllers. Tracks the movement but not getting any button inputs in the Live View window. Any ideas?

10. ChrisWarner103

ChrisWarner103

Did you manage to find the issue? I’ve also started to have this problem as well. I was working on my project last week and it all worked perfectly. But today, inputs won’t be recognised or even activated. After countless times of trying to rebind all of the controls.

unity_espresso likes this.
  11. unity_espresso

unity_espresso

Here I am two years later, same problem on a Valve Index... can't get locomotion working at all. done and re-done several times, nada.

12. jashan

jashan

Seeing the same thing right now on a new project, Unity 2022.3.12, SteamVR Plugin 2.7.3 (sdk 1.14.15), OpenVR XR Plugin 1.1.5, XR Plugin Management 4.4.0. SteamVR is currently on 2.1.10.

SteamVR Input Live View does not show anything working at all. SteamVR does show the correct binding as far as I can tell. Interestingly, first time I tried it it was "interactive", i.e. the bindings on the controllers would react to button input and touch - but now they don't.

Tried both Steam Link and AirLink, with both, input in other game (including my own) works fine, so it's just this project giving me trouble. This project uses HurricaneVR (very recent version) and I followed the SteamVR setup instructions: https://cloudwalker2020.github.io/HurricaneVR-Docs/manual/setup_steamvr.html

I have, of course, already tried pressing the Oculus Home button. That did not help in this case.

13. Ahmari

Ahmari

To resolve the inactive input issue, I have found that including a 'Steam VR_Behaviour' component in the scene is necessary for the input to function properly.
    image_2023-12-22_154301823.png