Search Unity

SteamVR Beta 1.1.3 has messed up my controllers and trackers

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by waleed_khan141, Nov 29, 2018.

1. waleed_khan141

waleed_khan141

I am developing an fps game, and I have my gun setup with a tracker. But last night's update has messed up everything. My controller and tracker keeps swapping my gun.

This issue was first resolved in the hotfix, and my game components i.e the gun was working fine with the tracker. But now the issue has come back, and a slight disconnection of any controller (keeping in mind I used only one controller for my Tracker/Gun before and now I have to turn on both my controllers for usage of 1 Tracker/Gun) swaps the gun from the tracker to the last paired controller. Need immediate help.

I'm using Unity 2018.2.8f1 for developing and a VIVE PRO Headset, with 2 controllers and an extra tracker. The pc specs are up to date.

2. joepl

joepl

Unity Technologies

This is an issue that we have seen as well. SteamVR changed the behavior of Vive Trackers such that they should show up as a controller in handed mode (instead of as a hardware tracker). In reality, we have seen the Vive Trackers show up intermittently as either right controller, left controller or as a hardware tracker somewhat randomly. We currently report the controllers as whatever OpenVR reports them as (left/right/tracker). Hopefully this will be fixed in a future version of SteamVR.

waleed_khan141 likes this.
  3. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

im having issues where the controllers dont work with my custom input scripts (setup in input manager and referenced to in script) and the new steam vr input.

i just have a very simple script that allow you to use a few buttons on the controller to move 3d objects. how do i get these to work again?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. mbadawi-art

mbadawi-art

I'm having the same "tracker detected as controller" issue with SteamVR 1.1.4, stable (and also in Steam 1.2.5 Beta). Any idea how to fix this?!