Search Unity

Steam Workshop - Easy Steamworks Integration

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FreebordMAD, Mar 22, 2017.

1. mikl3e

mikl3e

Hi,

I need some help please.
    I got everything to work but for some reason I can only see the image, title and description of my own uploads.
    If someone else uploads stuff to the workshop it shows correctly in the browser but in my game it is missing all information.

Any idea how to fix this?

Attached Files:

2. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Sounds like SteamLeaderboardsMain.ScoreDownloadSource is set to EWorkshopSource.OWNED. You can check this in the Unity inspector.

3. mikl3e

mikl3e

Thank you for your respond!

Where can I find this?
    I looked through all scripts and objects I could find, SteamLeaderboardsMain does not excist.
    It is also not mentioned as reference to the EWorkshopSource enum.

4. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Sorry I mixed up the packages.

Check for the SteamWorkshopMain class. The SteamWorkshopMain.Sorting property is what you need.
    You can set it on runtime via SteamWorkshopMain.Instance.Sorting = new WorkshopSortMode(EWorkshopSource.PUBLIC);
    Alternatively, try choosing something in the sort by drop down.

Also double check the settings you made in UGC setup on Steam and compare with the below.
    Link App And Setup Workshop
    Follow the steps below to set the AppId and to configure Steam Workshop for your game.
    • Start one of the test scenes to generate the steam_appid.txt file in the root of your project (the folder where Assets, Library and ProjectSettings directories a located).
    • Open the steam_appid.txt file and replace 480 with your Steam AppId.
    • Restart Unity Editor to load your new AppId.
    • Login to partner.steamgames.com and open your game's App Admin page.
    • Under Technical Tools hit Edit Steamworks Settings.
    • Go to Application->Steam Cloud and set your data quotas e.g. 1048576000 for data per user and 1000 for number of files.
    • [optional] Tick Enable cloud support for developers only to hide your Workshop work until it is finished for public use.
    • Go to Workshop->General and tick Enable ISteamUGC for file transfer.
    • Go to Publish and apply your changes.
    • Steam might need a few hours for the changes to be applied -> be patient if it doesn't start to work instantly.
    • Now you should be able to browse the items of your game's Workshop and to upload new items by using the provided example scenes (in the ExampleScenesPopup or ExampleScenesStatic folders). You can find a more detailed tutorial in the Steam partner portal.

5. mikl3e

mikl3e

All of it is correct...
    The two workshopitems with no image are from another player, I can see and download them but there is no img, title or description. I know there is one because in the browser I can see all of it.
    The one that says "Test" is one I made, my own workshop creations work no problem.

If I enable the Debug Log I get this:

LapinerTools.Steam.UI.SteamWorkshopItemNode+SendMessageInitData
    QueryFavoritedItems page 1
    OnFavoriteItemsCallCompleted: (fail:False) k_EResultOK requests left: 0
    QueryVotedItems page 1
    OnVotedItemsCallCompleted: (fail:False) k_EResultOK requests left: 0
    OnVotedItemsCallCompleted - started vote requests: 2
    OnUserVoteCallCompleted: (fail:False) k_EResultOK requests left: 1
    OnUserVoteCallCompleted: (fail:False) k_EResultOK requests left: 0
    QueryAllItems from PUBLIC page 1
    OnAvailableItemsCallCompleted: (fail:False) k_EResultOK requests left: 0
    SteamWorkshopMain: ClearSingleShotEventHandler 'OnItemListLoaded' left handlers: 1/2 left single shots: 0/1
    OnAvailableItemsCallCompleted: loaded 3 items from page 1, 1 favorited by user, 2 voted by user

Unbenannt.PNG Unbenannt2.PNG Unbenannt3.PNG

6. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Can you please send me the browser links to your workshop items? I could then try myself.

7. mikl3e

mikl3e

8. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

I unfortunately cannot load your workshop at all.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/1113240 - doesn't show the workshop.
    Can you make some screenshots of your workshop setup?

The only thing I can imagine is that you have issues to share the level icons, because of some user rights.
    How did you enable the workshop for the other players that have uploaded the content?

[EDIT:] I have updated to Steamworks.NET 13, but also there I cannot open your workshop at all. I'm not sure if you other players are listed as developers and can access the workshop this way or if you have any other way to include players to the workshop. If there is a good way, then feel free to add my pubisher account to your beta (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198238259518).

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  9. payalzariya07

payalzariya07

hi
    I am trying to login in to steam using steamNetworks.NET 480 appid, but issues are when I am login in unity editor , it work fine. when I make exe build and run it showing error like below :
    [Steamworks.NET] SteamAPI_Init() failed. Refer to Valve's documentation or the comment above this line for more information.

10. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Hi, have you copied the AppID text file to the same place where the exe is?
    Also, closing the editor after the build might help.

11. mikl3e

mikl3e

I screenshotted everything I think could be important. I did not now that someone else can't access the workshop and I have no idea why. :-/

Attached Files:

12. payalzariya07

payalzariya07

Thank you so much it works.

FreebordMAD likes this.
  13. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

In your screenshots it looks like you have not entered the general Workshop text and screenshot data, I don't think that you can publish it like this.

I have set the 'developers only' tick to test without setting the real Workshop content data.
    upload_2019-12-22_20-13-3.png

Have you tried to publish your changes in the most right publish tab?
    upload_2019-12-22_20-9-59.png

14. mikl3e

mikl3e

It worked! After I entered a title and description there was a way to select who can see the content. I added the description to a wrong place before. Thank you soooo much for your help!!!

FreebordMAD likes this.
  15. ODNOBROVETS

ODNOBROVETS

Can you help if i use IL2CPP build its doesnt work. In MONO, everything is fine(and Managed code stripping must be off)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  16. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

I'm sorry to say, but it looks like Steamworks.NET doesn't support IL2CPP yet. See this github thread:
    https://github.com/rlabrecque/Steamworks.NET/issues/227

You could follow the instructions in the thread and recompile Steamwork.NET, but this is rather a complex thing to do.
    Do you require IL2CPP to be used?

unityunity