Search Unity

Steam VR Vive

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by BeatrizSG, Mar 2, 2016.

1. BeatrizSG

BeatrizSG

Hi All

I'm trying to make a demo for Steam VR Vive (HTC) and I have a couple of issues.
    - First of all I don't know how to export an exe file for PC and get a good quality. I mean it looks like the fps are low, and the rendering is in a low quality so if anybody knows what are the best options to export that would be really cool.

- Another issue is about the new UI of unity (I'm using the last version of unity) and I don't really know how to set up a proper canvas like in any other game. I would like to have a new camera only for UI as always but this doesn;t work. Does anybody have any explamples of this, or any tips for this? I need a guide or something could help in this issue/

- Does anybody know any good forum or place to discuss about Steam VR and Unity? In steam, or elsewhere? I can't find proper documentation and it's a bit annoying.

Thanks in advance

2. burtonposey

burtonposey

3. brolsferns94

brolsferns94

Hello! I'm a beginner with Unity and SteamVR.

What I want to do is - Enter a TeleportPoint and then:
    1. Disable some other game objects.
    2. Automatically change the camera's orientation, i.e., I want the camera to look in a certain direction.

I have managed to create a teleport point (using the TeleportPoint prefab from SteamVR) and I can teleport to that TeleportPoint, but I want to then perform the above tasks (1 is more important than 2)