Search Unity

Steam VR 2.0 messes up VIVE controller visibility

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by jorisweijdom, Sep 26, 2018.

1. jorisweijdom

jorisweijdom

Hi just followed the instructions but didn't see the VIVE controllers.
    Figured out that Steam has updated the SteamVR plugin to facilitate the new knuckle controllers...

Have now the following error from Editor VR:

Assets/EditorVR/Scripts/Input/ViveInputToEvents.cs():error CS0103: The name 'SteamVR_Controller' does not exist in the current `context

Not being a programmer I need some advice here.
    Cheers!
    Joris

2. bjeannot

bjeannot

Hi, I am having the same problem, with the same error message. If anybody has any insight on how to solve this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ben

3. salmi700r

salmi700r

Same issue, worked before the latest SteamVR update from the Unity asset store.

4. Ha11ie

Ha11ie

Same problem shows up when I import the XR editor package
    EditorXR-0.1.1 (7).unitypackage
    I'm using current version of unity 2018.2.5f1
    windows 8
    Error:

Assets/EditorVR/Scripts/Input/ViveInputToEvents.cs(63,40): error CS0103: The name `SteamVR_Controller' does not exist in the current context

5. pseudowok

pseudowok

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    hunkspouse likes this.
  6. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

Having a similar issue, some of my older compiled Steam VR Unity projects, the controller isnt working. It just vibrates , you cant teleport and the controllers stay transparent. The strange thing is some of them do work that were made exactly the same way. These are basic visualization projects with just the prefab player, teleporting and some basic interactions.

Compiling with the new Unity Steam VR plugin does work (and shows the new hand 3d models too). I thought this was supposed to be backward compatible so I shouldnt have to recompile all my old projects?

7. Onebenarmy

Onebenarmy

having the same issue. EditorXR doesnt seem to be compatible with SteamVR 2.0. has anybody fixed it yet or found a workaround without using an older version of steamVR?

momo_lee likes this.
  8. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity