Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Steam] The lonely Gorilla

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by AndyNeoman, Nov 17, 2018.

1. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Released 16/11/2018. My first PC game after a couple of small mobile titles. There are still features and modes I want to add. I will be developing some of the AI interactions further but im happy with how it turned out for my first game. I would appreciate any feedback or critique. I have a few promo keys if anyone like the look of it and wants to playtest.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/675640/The_Lonely_Gorilla/

2. JueixRocks

JueixRocks

looks good, anyway I can get a promo key to play test?

AndyNeoman likes this.
  3. Rewaken

Rewaken

For a first game it looks good, Can you tell us the number of wishlists you have also if 40% sale helps your game sell?

AndyNeoman likes this.
  4. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi there, Thanks, I know i still have a lot to learn and im improving the game everyday but its great to see things happen in the game that make me smile, like the AI do something for thee first time. I made a nest for my troop the other day and rival male Gorilla came in and went to sleep there. Silly but i enjoyed it :). Lots more in the pipeline.

Sales definately help. I have been in early access for a few months and nearly all units sold are done in sale periods. I have had three sales weeks in that time and i'd say 90%+ of all purchases have been in that period. Same applies to people putting the game on the wishlist. Wishlists dont grow much these days, most came in April when it first went into early access. The algorithm has now change so organic traffic is much much lower than even six months ago unfortunatley.

5. Rewaken

Rewaken

Cool, Thanks for sharing info.I think your UI still needs some work

AndyNeoman likes this.
  6. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Thanks for the feedback. Not one of my favourite jobs in game dev. :)

Rewaken likes this.