Search Unity

Steam Leaderboards - Easy Steamworks Integration

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by FreebordMAD, Jun 23, 2017.

1. wirelessdreamer

wirelessdreamer

When I try and add extra data it shows in the debug when I initially upload, but the only time the debug with Got details shows the data is right after it gets submitted. Any idea what i'm missing?

The other thing that would be useful is if an example scene showed adding some of the extra data to display on the leaderboard screen, I've never worked with the ui framework the examples use.

Aside from that I got leaderboard support in place in one night. Great job putting the package together.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. using LapinerTools.Steam;
    6. using LapinerTools.Steam.Data;
    7. using LapinerTools.Steam.UI;
    9. public class Leaderboard : MonoBehaviour {
    11.     public string CourseName = "Leaderboard";
    12.     public int Score;
    13.     public float Time;
    14.     public int ShotString;
    15.     public float HitPercent;
    17.     private LeaderboardsScoreEntry m_userScore = null;
    19.     private void Start()
    20.     {
    21.         // enable debug log
    22.         SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.IsDebugLogEnabled = false;
    23.         SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.OnDownloadedScores += OnDownloadedScores;
    24.     }
    26.     void OnEnable()
    27.     {
    28.         GetLeaderBoardScore();
    29.     }
    31.     [ContextMenu("Upload Score")]
    32.     public void UploadLeaderBoardScore()
    33.     {
    34.         SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.ScoreDownloadDetailsLength = 64;
    36.         string Details = Time.ToString() + '|' + ShotString + '|' + HitPercent;
    38.         SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.UploadScore(
    39.             CourseName,
    40.             Score,
    41.             SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.ScoreSortMethod,
    42.             SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.ScoreType,
    43.             Details,
    44.             (LeaderboardsUploadedScoreEventArgs p_leaderboardArgs) =>
    45.         {
    46.             Debug.Log("Score Uploaded");
    48.             GetLeaderBoardScore();
    49.         });
    50.     }
    52.     public void GetLeaderBoardScore()
    53.     {
    54.         // show top 10 scores around player when score is uploaded
    55.         if (SteamLeaderboardsUI.Instance != null) // could have been closed if popup UI
    56.         {
    57.             SteamLeaderboardsUI.Instance.DownloadScoresAroundUser(CourseName, 9);
    58.             // m_userScore.DetailsDownloadedAsString
    59.         }
    60.     }
    62.     private void OnDownloadedScores(LapinerTools.Steam.Data.LeaderboardsDownloadedScoresEventArgs p_leaderboardArgs)
    63.     {
    64.         foreach (LeaderboardsScoreEntry scoreEntry in p_leaderboardArgs.Scores)
    65.         {
    66.             if (scoreEntry.IsCurrentUserScore)
    67.             {
    68.                 // save users score entry (will be used to see additional entry data)
    69.                 m_userScore = scoreEntry;
    70.                 Debug.Log("User stuff:" + m_userScore.ToString());
    71.                 Debug.Log("Got details: " + m_userScore.DetailsDownloadedAsString);
    72.                 break;
    73.             }
    74.         }
    76.     }
    78.     private void OnDestroy()
    79.     {
    80.         if (SteamLeaderboardsMain.IsInstanceSet)
    81.         {
    82.             SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.OnDownloadedScores -= OnDownloadedScores;
    83.         }
    84.     }
    86. }

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

First of all sorry for the very late reply!
    I was busy with my regular job and got ill later...

Please play with the example scene first (SteamLeaderboardsExampleAdvancedSettings).
    You need to set SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.ScoreDownloadDetailsLength before you can download the details.
    The max value is 64, which means you can use 252 characters in your details (2 needed for meta data).

Check SteamLeaderboardsExampleAdvancedSettings.
    DetailsDownloadedAsString is the property that will contain the details data once downloaded with SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.ScoreDownloadDetailsLength=64 set.
    Check the SteamLeaderboardsScoreEntryNode class for UI details.

Sounds awesome seeing this in an Asset Store review would be awesome!

Don't hesitate to ask any further questions!

3. zapposh

zapposh

After the scores and times get uploaded to the steam leaderboards, some "new record" pop-up appears in the middle of the screen, and the "OK" is not even clickable, which probably has to do with how my layers are set up, but it's not the point:
    - how to I prevent all such pop-ups or notifications? Did not find a reference to this problem in the docs.

Attached Files:

• sigi.png
      sigi.png
      File size:
      351.1 KB
      Views:
  4. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Sound like you want to code your own UI. Try using SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.UploadScore instead of SteamLeaderboardsUI.UploadScore. Don't hesitate to ask for further questions regarding the details and also please keep me posted on the progress it would be great to see your game released on Steam!

5. zapposh

zapposh

Thanks. The game was released quite a while back. Just trying to change the leaderboards implementation.

Next issue:
    Since the game is aimed at a wide variety of platforms, including consoles, I use the "DISABLESTEAMWORKS" Symbol for all non-steam releases in the same project. But the Leaderbaords Asset seems to try and access Steamworks.NET no matter the platform or symbol, which pretty much blows up the console with errors.

Is the a way to disable the leaderboard code kicking in when DISABLESTEAMWORKS is on?

6. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunatelly, there is no such feature, but I have added "add DISABLESTEAMWORKS in all classes" to the ToDo list. Have you managed this yourself by now?

7. Barry100

Barry100

hi - Iam adding this to buttons. Is this the correct way to do this?

I do not yet have any more scores in the game as I it is still early alpha - when people come to play with these buttons work ?

Code (CSharp):
    3. public void LoadFriends ()
    6.     {
    7.         SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.ScoreDownloadSource = ELeaderboardDataRequest.k_ELeaderboardDataRequestFriends;
    8.     }
    10.     public void LoadGlobal()
    13.     {
    14.         SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.ScoreDownloadSource = ELeaderboardDataRequest.k_ELeaderboardDataRequestGlobal;
    15.     }
    17.     public void LoadGlobalAroundMe()
    20.     {
    21.         SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.ScoreDownloadSource = ELeaderboardDataRequest.k_ELeaderboardDataRequestGlobalAroundUser;
    22.     }

8. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Sorry for the very late reply...
    Your code looks good, did you gave it a try already?

Do you want me to create some more entries in your leaderboards, just sent me your app ID an I can send you scores from two accounts.

9. Barry100

Barry100

HI. This is all working as expected. Can you tell me how I would use the LeaderboardListEntry prefab to always show my score at the top of any leader board list? I have made a new prefab with the LeaderboardListEntry (renamed it).

10. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

The SteamLeaderboard prefab has in its component SteamLeaderboardsUI a link to the ScrollRect child object, which links to the LeaderboardListEntry prefab. It will use this prefab to generate a line in the score listing with the data received from Steam. Hence, if you change the LeaderboardListEntry prefab you will change the visuals/content of all lines.
    Instead go to the SteamLeaderboardsUI.SetScores method and add the users score at the first position in the p_scores list just before the SCORES_BROWSER.BuildTree(ConvertScoresToNodes(p_scores)); line.

11. mageofawesome

mageofawesome

Hi there,
    Strange one..
    Have you used this with curvedui at all?

Having an issuewherein I can't get the scrollrect to actually well, curve. It just wants to be behind it, regardless of how I play with it.
    Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  12. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Could you please make a screenshot of the inspector of the prefab in your scene?
    I believe that you are missing a line of code to load the scores for the first time see static scene example.

13. meowstudios

meowstudios

Hello! Good job on the Asset!
    I purchased it today and started working with it right away for my 3d game.
    I am however having a problem when i am trying to upload my local score to the laderboard:
    This is what i am using to send
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SteamLeaderboardsUI.UploadScore("Leaderboard", LocalScore);
    My score is not being updated, it is still "1" as set with the SteamLeaderboardsExampleStatic when i was testing it. Even if i enter new values in SteamLeaderboardsExampleStatic Score, and hit submit, it still remains 1. Might this be caused by the downgrade to the steamworks SDK that happened after i imported your asset?

edit: nevermind i figured it out... i reimported everything and reset the leaderboard from steam and it seems to be working now

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    FreebordMAD likes this.
  14. meowstudios

meowstudios

Question: Has anyone had problems with crashes in the leaderboard scene when published on steam? Most probably nothing to do with this asset but I am just asking maybe somebody has an idea about what's causing it.
    Thanks

edit: it happens even without publishing it on steam, by playing the build locally....
    that scene works perfectly well inside unity though

edit2: it looks like when i comment out this line there is no more crash:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SteamLeaderboardsUI.Instance.DownloadScores("Leaderboard");
    I am calling inside in a void Start() function... am I doing it wrong?

edit3: it also stops crashing if i delete/hide the SteamLeaderboard prefab

edit4: i pasted steam api dll in the exe folder and it seems to work now

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  15. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

So is it working now? Was the DLL not automatically included?

16. meowstudios

meowstudios

for me it was not automatically included, after i included both the normal and the 64 one it worked perfectly well. Will be live on Steam this Halloween

FreebordMAD likes this.
  17. Barry100

Barry100

new issue with the leaderboard? I have a back up from a few weeks ago which I know was 100% working and I am getting the exact same issue with the backup. I am getting this error:

OnDownloadScoresFindLeaderboardCallCompleted: failed! File was not found!
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:HandleError(String, ErrorEventArgs) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs:177)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CheckAndLogResult(String, EResult, Boolean, String, Action`1&) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs:161)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamLeaderboardsMain:OnDownloadScoresFindLeaderboardCallCompleted(String, ELeaderboardDataRequest, Int32, Int32, LeaderboardFindResult_t, Boolean) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Leaderboards/Scripts/SteamLeaderboardsMain.cs:590)
    LapinerTools.Steam.<DownloadScores>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0(LeaderboardFindResult_t, Boolean) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Leaderboards/Scripts/SteamLeaderboardsMain.cs:324)
    Steamworks.CallResult`1:OnRunCallResult(IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean, UInt64) (at Assets/Plugins/Steamworks.NET/CallbackDispatcher.cs:318)
    Steamworks.NativeMethods:SteamAPI_RunCallbacks()
    Steamworks.SteamAPI:RunCallbacks() (at Assets/Plugins/Steamworks.NET/Steam.cs:104)
    SteamManager:Update() (at Assets/Scripts/Steamworks.NET/SteamManager.cs:150)

I have also trried to completely remove the leaderboard system and reinstall it and steamworks but no change. Is there a steam issue? Or is this an issue with the leaderboard system?

18. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

It works for me, I tried with a standalone ESI Leaderboards version 1.20 (Steamworks.NET 9.1.0) and Unity Editor ESI v1.24 - both worked fine.
    • Please give me your Steam AppID and the leaderboard name, then I can try to reproduce it with your game.
    • Also, please check what is in your partner portal a screenshot of the leaderboard in the partner portal might be helpful.
    • Finally, a full Unity Editor log would be great

19. Barry100

Barry100

It only seems to not work locally through Unity Editor. When I put the game live in Steam everything works as expected.

20. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Have you put a steam_appid.txt file in place?
    Looks like Steam is not properly initialized, some examples could be
    • missing steam_appid.txt
    • already started the same game as standalone in Steam
    • restart Steam Client
    • restart Unity Editor

21. Barry100

Barry100

yep tried all of these things..
    I have the file in place.

I made a new build today and uploaded it to steam and it works ok but still not in the editor

here is the full error

LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:HandleError(String, ErrorEventArgs) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs:177)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CheckAndLogResult(String, EResult, Boolean, String, Action`1&) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs:161)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamLeaderboardsMain:OnDownloadScoresFindLeaderboardCallCompleted(String, ELeaderboardDataRequest, Int32, Int32, LeaderboardFindResult_t, Boolean) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Leaderboards/Scripts/SteamLeaderboardsMain.cs:590)
    LapinerTools.Steam.<DownloadScores>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0(LeaderboardFindResult_t, Boolean) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Leaderboards/Scripts/SteamLeaderboardsMain.cs:324)
    Steamworks.CallResult`1:OnRunCallResult(IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean, UInt64) (at Assets/Plugins/Steamworks.NET/CallbackDispatcher.cs:318)
    Steamworks.SteamAPI:RunCallbacks() (at Assets/Plugins/Steamworks.NET/Steam.cs:104)

22. Barry100

Barry100

btw this has been working perfectly for months..

23. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Please get the full Unity Editor log file, in console hit Open Editor Log and send the contents via PM or post it here.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  24. Barry100

Barry100

here is the full log file

LICENSE SYSTEM [201914 9:2:40] Next license update check is after 2019-01-04T14:37:42

Built from '2018.2/staging' branch; Version is '2018.2.15f1 (65e0713a5949) revision 6676593'; Using compiler version '191225831'
    OS: 'Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit' Language: 'en' Physical Memory: 16326 MB
    BatchMode: 0, IsHumanControllingUs: 1, StartBugReporterOnCrash: 1, Is64bit: 1, IsPro: 0
    [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 49866 was selected
    ListPackages failed, output: {
    "name": "unity-editor",
    "version": "5.7.0",
    "problems": [
    "extraneous: unityeditor-collab-history@0.6.15-fix-history-revisions.1 C:\\Users\\DAD\\AppData\\Roaming\\Unity\\Packages\\node_modules\\unityeditor-collab-history"
    ],
    "dependencies": {
    "unityeditor-collab-history": {
    "version": "0.6.15-fix-history-revisions.1",
    "extraneous": true,
    "extraneous: unityeditor-collab-history@0.6.15-fix-history-revisions.1 C:\\Users\\DAD\\AppData\\Roaming\\Unity\\Packages\\node_modules\\unityeditor-collab-history"
    ],
    "from": "unityeditor-collab-history-0.6.15-fix-history-revisions.1.tgz",
    "resolved": "file:unityeditor-collab-history-0.6.15-fix-history-revisions.1.tgz"
    },
    "unity-editor-home": {
    "version": "2.1.4",
    "from": "unity-editor-home.2.1.4.tgz",
    "resolved": "file:unity-editor-home.2.1.4.tgz"
    },
    "unityeditor-cloud-hub": {
    "version": "0.0.15",
    "from": "unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.15.tgz",
    "resolved": "file:unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.15.tgz"
    },
    "unityeditor-collab-toolbar": {
    "version": "0.7.16",
    "from": "unityeditor-collab-toolbar.0.7.16.tgz",
    "resolved": "file:unityeditor-collab-toolbar.0.7.16.tgz"
    }
    }
    }

COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS:
    C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Unity.exe
    H:/My Games/DEFENDER 3D
    Loading GUID <-> Path mappings...0.000097 seconds
    Loading Asset Database...0.016830 seconds
    Audio: FMOD Profiler initialized on port 54900
    AssetDatabase consistency checks...2.551082 seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 36.86 ms, found 7 plugins.
    Preloading 0 native plugins for Editor in 0.00 ms.
    [Package Manager] Done resolving packages in 0.28s seconds
    [Package Manager] Registering 36 packages:
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.ads@2.0.8
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.ads@2.0.8)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.analytics@2.0.16
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.analytics@2.0.16)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.9.11
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.9.11)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.purchasing@2.0.3
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.purchasing@2.0.3)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.ai@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.ai)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.animation@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.animation)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.assetbundle@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.assetbundle)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.audio@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.audio)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.cloth@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.cloth)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.director@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.director)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.imageconversion@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.imageconversion)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.imgui@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.imgui)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.jsonserialize@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.jsonserialize)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.particlesystem@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.particlesystem)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.physics@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.physics)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.physics2d@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.physics2d)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.screencapture@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.screencapture)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.terrain@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.terrain)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.terrainphysics@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.terrainphysics)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.tilemap@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.tilemap)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.ui@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.ui)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.uielements@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.uielements)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.umbra@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.umbra)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unityanalytics@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unityanalytics)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unitywebrequest@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequest)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestassetbundle@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestassetbundle)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestaudio@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestaudio)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unitywebrequesttexture@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequesttexture)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestwww@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestwww)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.vehicles@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.vehicles)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.video@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.video)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.vr@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.vr)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.wind@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.wind)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.xr@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.xr)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.standardevents@1.0.13
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.standardevents@1.0.13)
    [Package Manager] Done registering packages in 0.02s seconds
    IsTimeToCheckForNewEditor: Update time 1546552375 current 1546592568
    Initialize engine version: 2018.2.15f1 (65e0713a5949)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (ID=0x1180)
    Vendor:
    VRAM: 4063 MB
    Driver: 23.21.13.8813
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'AR/TangoARRender' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'AR/TangoARRender' - Setting to default shader.
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeOSX' - Pass 'Flip_RGBARect_To_RGBA' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeOSX' - Setting to default shader.
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeAndroid' - Pass 'RGBAExternal_To_RGBA' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeAndroid' - Setting to default shader.
    Initialize mono
    Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = 'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/mono/2.0'
    Mono config path = 'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/Mono/etc'
    Using monoOptions --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,embedding=1,defer=y,address=0.0.0.0:56436
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.68 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Initializing Unity.PackageManager (PackageManager) v2018.2.15 for Unity v2018.2.15f1
    Registering precompiled unity dll's ...
    Register platform support module: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport/UnityEditor.WebGL.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\windowsstandalonesupport/UnityEditor.WindowsStandalone.Extensions.dll
    Registered in 0.004948 seconds.
    Registering precompiled user dll's ...
    Registered in 1.902418 seconds.
    Registering platform support modules:
    Registered platform support modules in: 0.0724416s.
    Native extension for WindowsStandalone target not found
    Native extension for WebGL target not found
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 1.13 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Preloading 3 native plugins for Editor in 49.60 ms.
    Mono: successfully reloaded assembly
    - Completed reload, in 3.979 seconds
    Platform modules already initialized, skipping
    Initializing Unity.PackageManager (PackageManager) v2018.2.15 for Unity v2018.2.15f1
    Registered platform support modules in: 0.0556456s.
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.86 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Preloading 3 native plugins for Editor in 0.46 ms.
    - Completed reload, in 2.566 seconds
    Validating Project structure ... 0.033304 seconds.
    Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ...
    Refresh: elapses 0.239494 seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.73 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Preloading 3 native plugins for Editor in 0.46 ms.

----- Total AssetImport time: 0.212120s, AssetImport time: 0.000000s, Asset hashing: 0.000000s [0 B, 0.000000 mb/s]

Refresh completed in 0.506679 seconds.
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeAndroid' - Pass 'RGBAExternal_To_RGBA' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeAndroid' - Setting to default shader.
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeOSX' - Pass 'Flip_RGBARect_To_RGBA' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/VideoDecodeOSX' - Setting to default shader.
    Warming cache for 1574 main assets: 0.003980 seconds elapsed
    Initializing Unity extensions:
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityHoloLens/Editor/UnityEditor.HoloLens.dll' GUID: 12fd8a0055b84bb59e84c9835a37e333
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Timeline/Runtime/UnityEngine.Timeline.dll' GUID: 6a10b2909283487f913b00d94cd3faf5
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TestRunner/portable/nunit.framework.dll' GUID: 405b9b51bb344a128608d968297df79c
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/Standalone/UnityEngine.UI.dll' GUID: f70555f144d8491a825f0804e09c671c
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/UnityEngine.UI.dll' GUID: f5f67c52d1564df4a8936ccd202a3bd8
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Timeline/RuntimeEditor/UnityEngine.Timeline.dll' GUID: 844f815391db42d49455cbf1a7bfc434
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Networking/Standalone/UnityEngine.Networking.dll' GUID: dc443db3e92b4983b9738c1131f555cb
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnitySpatialTracking/Runtime/UnityEngine.SpatialTracking.dll' GUID: ed7343f30e3843b3afda8f8b02669cea
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityGoogleAudioSpatializer/Editor/UnityEditor.GoogleAudioSpatializer.dll' GUID: 4a3ecb1425d14502837abea459cf2b70
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Networking/Editor/UnityEditor.Networking.dll' GUID: 5f32cd94baa94578a686d4b9d6b660f7
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityHoloLens/Runtime/UnityEngine.HoloLens.dll' GUID: f7b54ff4a43d4fcf81b4538b678e0bcc
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnitySpatialTracking/Editor/UnityEditor.SpatialTracking.dll' GUID: b5da970776034f77a070d99423d68791
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TreeEditor/Editor/UnityEditor.TreeEditor.dll' GUID: adebbd281f1a4ef3a30be7f21937e02f
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Networking/UnityEngine.Networking.dll' GUID: 870353891bb340e2b2a9c8707e7419ba
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TestRunner/UnityEngine.TestRunner.dll' GUID: 53ebcfaa2e1e4e2dbc85882cd5a73fa1
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityGoogleAudioSpatializer/RuntimeEditor/UnityEngine.GoogleAudioSpatializer.dll' GUID: ead147da21254ff9a0a936bdd75e1680
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityGoogleAudioSpatializer/Runtime/UnityEngine.GoogleAudioSpatializer.dll' GUID: e4f4cf1b9b434137a499903a7a1d651a
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityVR/Editor/UnityEditor.VR.dll' GUID: 4ba2329b63d54f0187bcaa12486b1b0f
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityHoloLens/RuntimeEditor/UnityEngine.HoloLens.dll' GUID: 1c6d1fbb51834b64847b1b73a75bfc77
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnitySpatialTracking/RuntimeEditor/UnityEngine.SpatialTracking.dll' GUID: 3a84de5cd0624681b6b6dcd8921d912a
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/Editor/UnityEditor.UI.dll' GUID: 80a3616ca19596e4da0f10f14d241e9f
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TestRunner/Editor/UnityEditor.TestRunner.dll' GUID: 4113173d5e95493ab8765d7b08371de4
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TestRunner/net35/unity-custom/nunit.framework.dll' GUID: 4b3fa4bde7f1451a8218c03ee6a8ded8
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Timeline/Editor/UnityEditor.Timeline.dll' GUID: 7668179ede524d6396c8b7d84461ea29
    Load scene 'Assets/Scenes/MainMenu.unity' time: 0.012295 ms
    Unloading 599 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
    System memory in use before: 121.8 MB.
    System memory in use after: 120.9 MB.

Unloading 215 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2210.
    Total: 6.694694 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.877308 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.087090 ms MarkObjects: 4.812772 ms DeleteObjects: 0.916755 ms)

<RI> Initialized touch support.

<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

EditorUpdateCheck: Response {"latestversionstring":"2018.2.20f1 (cef3e6c0c622)","latestversion":99999,"latestversionmessage":"A new version of Unity is available. Please update to the latest released version at your convenience. Release notes available on the download site. Click the \"Download Installer\" button.","updateurl":"http://unity3d.com/update/","updateinterval":3600} updateurl = http://unity3d.com/update/ interval = 3600
    Launched and connected shader compiler UnityShaderCompiler.exe after 0.22 seconds
    Created GICache directory at C:/Users/DAD/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/Caches/GiCache. Took: 0.056s, timestamps: [29.829 - 29.886]
    Issue TrimJob to reduce GI Cache size to maximum 5GB at: 'C:/Users/DAD/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/Caches/GiCache'
    Setting up 4 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: 49f0 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 49f4 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 49f8 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 49fc -> priority: 1
    TrimDiskCacheJob: Current cache size 0mb
    Refresh: elapses 0.217720 seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 12.07 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Preloading 3 native plugins for Editor in 0.66 ms.

----- Total AssetImport time: 0.224664s, AssetImport time: 0.000000s, Asset hashing: 0.000000s [0 B, 0.000000 mb/s]

Refresh completed in 0.283394 seconds.
    Reloading assemblies for play mode.
    Registered platform support modules in: 0.0377516s.
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.79 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Preloading 3 native plugins for Editor in 0.45 ms.
    - Completed reload, in 1.753 seconds
    Load scene 'Temp/__Backupscenes/0.backup' time: 0.762297 ms
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.78 ms, found 13 plugins.
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:HandleError(String, ErrorEventArgs) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Shared\Scripts\SteamMainBase.cs:177)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CheckAndLogResult(String, EResult, Boolean, String, Action`1&) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Shared\Scripts\SteamMainBase.cs:161)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamLeaderboardsMain:OnDownloadScoresFindLeaderboardCallCompleted(String, ELeaderboardDataRequest, Int32, Int32, LeaderboardFindResult_t, Boolean) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Leaderboards\Scripts\SteamLeaderboardsMain.cs:590)
    LapinerTools.Steam.<DownloadScores>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0(LeaderboardFindResult_t, Boolean) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Leaderboards\Scripts\SteamLeaderboardsMain.cs:324)
    Steamworks.CallResult`1:OnRunCallResult(IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean, UInt64) (at Assets\Plugins\Steamworks.NET\CallbackDispatcher.cs:318)
    Steamworks.SteamAPI:RunCallbacks() (at Assets\Plugins\Steamworks.NET\Steam.cs:104)
    SteamManager:Update() (at Assets\Scripts\Steamworks.NET\SteamManager.cs:150)

(Filename: Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs Line: 177)

LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:HandleError(String, ErrorEventArgs) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Shared\Scripts\SteamMainBase.cs:177)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CheckAndLogResult(String, EResult, Boolean, String, Action`1&) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Shared\Scripts\SteamMainBase.cs:161)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamLeaderboardsMain:OnDownloadScoresFindLeaderboardCallCompleted(String, ELeaderboardDataRequest, Int32, Int32, LeaderboardFindResult_t, Boolean) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Leaderboards\Scripts\SteamLeaderboardsMain.cs:590)
    LapinerTools.Steam.<DownloadScores>c__AnonStorey1:<>m__0(LeaderboardFindResult_t, Boolean) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Leaderboards\Scripts\SteamLeaderboardsMain.cs:324)
    Steamworks.CallResult`1:OnRunCallResult(IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean, UInt64) (at Assets\Plugins\Steamworks.NET\CallbackDispatcher.cs:318)
    Steamworks.SteamAPI:RunCallbacks() (at Assets\Plugins\Steamworks.NET\Steam.cs:104)

Load scene 'Temp/__Backupscenes/0.backup' time: 0.771006 ms
    Unloading 93 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
    System memory in use before: 180.9 MB.
    System memory in use after: 181.0 MB.

Unloading 116 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2501.
    Total: 5.442384 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.805586 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.045850 ms MarkObjects: 4.472094 ms DeleteObjects: 0.117828 ms)

Refresh: elapses 0.259403 seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 8.72 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Preloading 3 native plugins for Editor in 2.81 ms.

----- Total AssetImport time: 0.253218s, AssetImport time: 0.000000s, Asset hashing: 0.000000s [0 B, 0.000000 mb/s]

Refresh completed in 0.331511 seconds.

25. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Thanks, so here are some suggestions:
    • check that the selected platform in the Unity Editor Build Settings is Windows/Mac/Linux Standalone and not Web or anything else
    • check that you use the same scene flow as in release build, maybe you have a start up scene or something?
    • if that doesn't help, then please add the below code to some of your classes in the first scene played in the Unity Editor
      Code (CSharp):
      1.     private void Start()
      2.     {
      3.         // enable debug log
      4.         SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.IsDebugLogEnabled = true;
      5.     }

26. Barry100

Barry100

Here is the results from the
    SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.IsDebugLogEnabled = true;

OnDownloadScoresFindLeaderboardCallCompleted: (fail:False) k_EResultFileNotFound requests left: 0
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CheckAndLogResult(String, EResult, Boolean, String, Action`1&) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs:152)

SteamLeaderboardsMain: CallSingleShotEventHandlers 'OnDownloadedScores' left handlers: 1/2 left single shots: 0/1
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CallSingleShotEventHandlers(String, LeaderboardsDownloadedScoresEventArgs, Action`1&) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs:228)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CheckAndLogResult(String, EResult, Boolean, String, Action`1&) (at Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs:164)

27. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Please share the whole log again.
    Did you try to use other scenes before requesting the leader boards? Maybe you need to wait for a few frames

28. Barry100

Barry100

hi - the same thing happens in the game scene (remember though this only happens in testing as far as I know. The game works fine). This is in the main menu scene. The seconds leaderboards request is done after 2 seconds. I did notice when I first started using it (months ago) that I had to time them.

Here is the log file

LICENSE SYSTEM [201916 11:3:19] Next license update check is after 2019-01-07T11:01:06

Built from '2018.2/staging' branch; Version is '2018.2.15f1 (65e0713a5949) revision 6676593'; Using compiler version '191225831'
    OS: 'Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit' Language: 'en' Physical Memory: 16326 MB
    BatchMode: 0, IsHumanControllingUs: 1, StartBugReporterOnCrash: 1, Is64bit: 1, IsPro: 0
    [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 60526 was selected
    ListPackages failed, output: {
    "name": "unity-editor",
    "version": "5.7.0",
    ],
    "dependencies": {
    "unityeditor-collab-history": {
    "version": "0.6.15-fix-history-revisions.1",
    "extraneous": true,
    ],
    "from": "unityeditor-collab-history-0.6.15-fix-history-revisions.1.tgz",
    "resolved": "file:unityeditor-collab-history-0.6.15-fix-history-revisions.1.tgz"
    },
    "unity-editor-home": {
    "version": "2.1.4",
    "from": "unity-editor-home.2.1.4.tgz",
    "resolved": "file:unity-editor-home.2.1.4.tgz"
    },
    "unityeditor-cloud-hub": {
    "version": "0.0.15",
    "from": "unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.15.tgz",
    "resolved": "file:unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.15.tgz"
    },
    "unityeditor-collab-toolbar": {
    "version": "0.7.16",
    "from": "unityeditor-collab-toolbar.0.7.16.tgz",
    "resolved": "file:unityeditor-collab-toolbar.0.7.16.tgz"
    }
    }
    }

COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS:
    C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Unity.exe
    H:/My Games/DEFENDER 3D
    Loading GUID <-> Path mappings...0.000109 seconds
    Loading Asset Database...0.014946 seconds
    Audio: FMOD Profiler initialized on port 54900
    AssetDatabase consistency checks...0.046957 seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 31.56 ms, found 7 plugins.
    Preloading 0 native plugins for Editor in 0.00 ms.
    [Package Manager] Done resolving packages in 0.24s seconds
    [Package Manager] Registering 36 packages:
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.ads@2.0.8
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.ads@2.0.8)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.analytics@2.0.16
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.analytics@2.0.16)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.9.11
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.9.11)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.purchasing@2.0.3
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.purchasing@2.0.3)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.textmeshpro@1.2.4)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.ai@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.ai)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.animation@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.animation)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.assetbundle@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.assetbundle)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.audio@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.audio)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.cloth@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.cloth)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.director@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.director)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.imageconversion@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.imageconversion)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.imgui@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.imgui)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.jsonserialize@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.jsonserialize)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.particlesystem@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.particlesystem)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.physics@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.physics)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.physics2d@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.physics2d)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.screencapture@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.screencapture)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.terrain@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.terrain)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.terrainphysics@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.terrainphysics)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.tilemap@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.tilemap)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.ui@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.ui)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.uielements@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.uielements)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.umbra@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.umbra)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unityanalytics@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unityanalytics)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unitywebrequest@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequest)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestassetbundle@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestassetbundle)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestaudio@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestaudio)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unitywebrequesttexture@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequesttexture)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestwww@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestwww)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.vehicles@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.vehicles)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.video@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.video)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.vr@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.vr)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.wind@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.wind)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.modules.xr@1.0.0
    (location: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.xr)
    [Package Manager] * Package : com.unity.standardevents@1.0.13
    (location: C:\Users\DAD\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.standardevents@1.0.13)
    [Package Manager] Done registering packages in 0.02s seconds
    IsTimeToCheckForNewEditor: Update time 1546776066 current 1546772858
    Initialize engine version: 2018.2.15f1 (65e0713a5949)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (ID=0x1180)
    Vendor:
    VRAM: 4063 MB
    Driver: 23.21.13.8813
    Initialize mono
    Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = 'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/mono/2.0'
    Mono config path = 'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/Mono/etc'
    Using monoOptions --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,embedding=1,defer=y,address=0.0.0.0:56888
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.65 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Registering precompiled unity dll's ...
    Register platform support module: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport/UnityEditor.WebGL.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:\Program Files\Unity2018\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\windowsstandalonesupport/UnityEditor.WindowsStandalone.Extensions.dll
    Registered in 0.002744 seconds.
    Registering precompiled user dll's ...
    Registered in 0.115633 seconds.
    Registered platform support modules in: 0.0660873s.
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.71 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Preloading 3 native plugins for Editor in 3.29 ms.
    - Completed reload, in 1.135 seconds
    Registered platform support modules in: 0.0386686s.
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.70 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Preloading 3 native plugins for Editor in 0.48 ms.
    - Completed reload, in 1.029 seconds
    Validating Project structure ... 0.034235 seconds.
    Refresh: elapses 0.188122 seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.76 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Preloading 3 native plugins for Editor in 0.42 ms.

----- Total AssetImport time: 0.164150s, AssetImport time: 0.000000s, Asset hashing: 0.000000s [0 B, 0.000000 mb/s]

Refresh completed in 0.228500 seconds.
    Warming cache for 1574 main assets: 0.003945 seconds elapsed
    Initializing Unity extensions:
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityHoloLens/Editor/UnityEditor.HoloLens.dll' GUID: 12fd8a0055b84bb59e84c9835a37e333
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Timeline/Runtime/UnityEngine.Timeline.dll' GUID: 6a10b2909283487f913b00d94cd3faf5
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TestRunner/portable/nunit.framework.dll' GUID: 405b9b51bb344a128608d968297df79c
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/Standalone/UnityEngine.UI.dll' GUID: f70555f144d8491a825f0804e09c671c
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/UnityEngine.UI.dll' GUID: f5f67c52d1564df4a8936ccd202a3bd8
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Timeline/RuntimeEditor/UnityEngine.Timeline.dll' GUID: 844f815391db42d49455cbf1a7bfc434
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Networking/Standalone/UnityEngine.Networking.dll' GUID: dc443db3e92b4983b9738c1131f555cb
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnitySpatialTracking/Runtime/UnityEngine.SpatialTracking.dll' GUID: ed7343f30e3843b3afda8f8b02669cea
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityGoogleAudioSpatializer/Editor/UnityEditor.GoogleAudioSpatializer.dll' GUID: 4a3ecb1425d14502837abea459cf2b70
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Networking/Editor/UnityEditor.Networking.dll' GUID: 5f32cd94baa94578a686d4b9d6b660f7
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityHoloLens/Runtime/UnityEngine.HoloLens.dll' GUID: f7b54ff4a43d4fcf81b4538b678e0bcc
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnitySpatialTracking/Editor/UnityEditor.SpatialTracking.dll' GUID: b5da970776034f77a070d99423d68791
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TreeEditor/Editor/UnityEditor.TreeEditor.dll' GUID: adebbd281f1a4ef3a30be7f21937e02f
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Networking/UnityEngine.Networking.dll' GUID: 870353891bb340e2b2a9c8707e7419ba
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TestRunner/UnityEngine.TestRunner.dll' GUID: 53ebcfaa2e1e4e2dbc85882cd5a73fa1
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityGoogleAudioSpatializer/RuntimeEditor/UnityEngine.GoogleAudioSpatializer.dll' GUID: ead147da21254ff9a0a936bdd75e1680
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityGoogleAudioSpatializer/Runtime/UnityEngine.GoogleAudioSpatializer.dll' GUID: e4f4cf1b9b434137a499903a7a1d651a
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityVR/Editor/UnityEditor.VR.dll' GUID: 4ba2329b63d54f0187bcaa12486b1b0f
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityHoloLens/RuntimeEditor/UnityEngine.HoloLens.dll' GUID: 1c6d1fbb51834b64847b1b73a75bfc77
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnitySpatialTracking/RuntimeEditor/UnityEngine.SpatialTracking.dll' GUID: 3a84de5cd0624681b6b6dcd8921d912a
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/GUISystem/Editor/UnityEditor.UI.dll' GUID: 80a3616ca19596e4da0f10f14d241e9f
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TestRunner/Editor/UnityEditor.TestRunner.dll' GUID: 4113173d5e95493ab8765d7b08371de4
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/TestRunner/net35/unity-custom/nunit.framework.dll' GUID: 4b3fa4bde7f1451a8218c03ee6a8ded8
    'C:/Program Files/Unity2018/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/Timeline/Editor/UnityEditor.Timeline.dll' GUID: 7668179ede524d6396c8b7d84461ea29
    Load scene 'Assets/Scenes/MainMenu.unity' time: 0.012038 ms
    Unloading 599 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
    System memory in use before: 121.8 MB.
    System memory in use after: 120.9 MB.

Unloading 215 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2210.
    Total: 3.533823 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.718496 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.035604 ms MarkObjects: 1.966707 ms DeleteObjects: 0.812246 ms)

<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

Launched and connected shader compiler UnityShaderCompiler.exe after 0.06 seconds
    Created GICache directory at C:/Users/DAD/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/Caches/GiCache. Took: 0.054s, timestamps: [264.869 - 264.923]
    Issue TrimJob to reduce GI Cache size to maximum 5GB at: 'C:/Users/DAD/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/Caches/GiCache'
    Setting up 4 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: 3c94 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 3ebc -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: d54 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 4108 -> priority: 1
    TrimDiskCacheJob: Current cache size 0mb
    Reloading assemblies for play mode.
    Registered platform support modules in: 0.0375936s.
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 5.54 ms, found 13 plugins.
    Preloading 3 native plugins for Editor in 0.40 ms.
    - Completed reload, in 1.633 seconds
    Load scene 'Temp/__Backupscenes/0.backup' time: 0.784838 ms
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.81 ms, found 13 plugins.
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at MainScript.Start () [0x0003b] in H:\My Games\DEFENDER 3D\Assets\MainScript.cs:22

(Filename: Assets/MainScript.cs Line: 22)

OnDownloadScoresFindLeaderboardCallCompleted: (fail:False) k_EResultFileNotFound requests left: 0
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CheckAndLogResult(String, EResult, Boolean, String, Action`1&) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Shared\Scripts\SteamMainBase.cs:152)

(Filename: Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs Line: 152)

SteamLeaderboardsMain: CallSingleShotEventHandlers 'OnDownloadedScores' left handlers: 1/2 left single shots: 0/1
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CallSingleShotEventHandlers(String, LeaderboardsDownloadedScoresEventArgs, Action`1&) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Shared\Scripts\SteamMainBase.cs:228)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CheckAndLogResult(String, EResult, Boolean, String, Action`1&) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Shared\Scripts\SteamMainBase.cs:164)

(Filename: Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs Line: 228)

LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CheckAndLogResult(String, EResult, Boolean, String, Action`1&) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Shared\Scripts\SteamMainBase.cs:152)

(Filename: Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs Line: 152)

LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CallSingleShotEventHandlers(String, LeaderboardsDownloadedScoresEventArgs, Action`1&) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Shared\Scripts\SteamMainBase.cs:228)
    LapinerTools.Steam.SteamMainBase`1:CheckAndLogResult(String, EResult, Boolean, String, Action`1&) (at Assets\LapinerTools\Steam\Shared\Scripts\SteamMainBase.cs:164)

(Filename: Assets/LapinerTools/Steam/Shared/Scripts/SteamMainBase.cs Line: 228)

Load scene 'Temp/__Backupscenes/0.backup' time: 0.837092 ms
    Unloading 92 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
    System memory in use before: 180.6 MB.
    System memory in use after: 180.8 MB.

Unloading 97 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2510.
    Total: 5.345560 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.813783 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.039190 ms MarkObjects: 4.391151 ms DeleteObjects: 0.100922 ms)

29. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

I have sent you two changed scripts in a PM, please replace those. They contain a little bit more logging. Retry the last test again and sent the whole log file please.

30. ProjectBarBar

ProjectBarBar

Hello. Is thiss asset compatible with Unity3d 2018.2?

31. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Yes it is, if you find a bug, then report it and I will fix it.

32. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Just to keep everybody posted, together with @Barry100 we are working on the following changes:
    - 1.25: multiple leaderboards can be downloaded in the same frame
    - 1.25: multiple scores can be uploaded in the same frame
    - 1.25: now reusing already uploaded icon in the update owned item example
    - 1.25: improved debug logging

33. Tragix

Tragix

Hi, I purchased and installed your asset in Unity (version 2018.03.0f2), but after installation in the unity console the following error appears:

Assets/Plugins/Steamworks.NET/autogen/isteamparentalsettings.cs(39,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `EParentalFeature' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Before installing your asset, I had installed succesfully the Steamworks.NET .unitypackage from here

I await your response. Thank you.

34. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Hi, thanks for purchasing.
    Which Steamworks.NET version did you install? The ESI framework runs on version 10, because it is a quite stable version. Version 12 was realeased 4 days ago and is probably not compatible with ESI yet.

35. Tragix

Tragix

Thanx for response, actually I have solved the problem reinstalling Steamworks.NET .unitypackage.

but I take this opportunity to ask you something (I'm not an expert programmer):

(1) how can I get only the value of the score of the single user (the one that is playing) from a leaderboard?

(2) And in the same way, how can I get only the ranking/position of the user for a certain leaderboard?

36. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Good to hear you solved it!

use p_resultArgs.Scores[0].GlobalRank to get the ranking:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             // Get Current User's Score in the leaderboard saved in m_leaderboardName
    3.             string m_leaderboardName = "Leaderboard";
    4.             SteamLeaderboardsMain.Instance.DownloadScoresAroundUser(m_leaderboardName, 0, (LeaderboardsDownloadedScoresEventArgs p_resultArgs) =>
    5.             {
    6.                 if (p_resultArgs.Scores.Count > 0)
    7.                 {
    8.                     m_displayText = p_resultArgs.Scores[0].ScoreString + " on " + p_resultArgs.LeaderboardName;
    9.                 }
    10.                 else if (!p_resultArgs.IsError)
    11.                 {
    12.                     m_displayText = "No score yet on " + p_resultArgs.LeaderboardName;
    13.                 }
    14.                 else
    15.                 {
    16.                     m_displayText = p_resultArgs.ErrorMessage;
    17.                 }
    18.             });

Attached Files:

37. Tragix

Tragix

Thank you so much for your quick reply! Thanks to your asset you have solved many of my problems because I am creating a 3D racing game and leaderboards are fundamental for the competition between players.

Now I have only one problem that does not depend on your assets but how Steam manages the values of the leaderboard score ... One of my leaderboards must show the ranking of the players based on the maximum speed reached in the race, for example 477.34 Km/h.

I need the value with two decimal places and not an integer, so I do not know at the moment how to handle the leaderboards: numeric, seconds or milliseconds?

P.S. Not yet reviewed your assets because I look forward to the release of my game on Steam (by this spring), so wait a little while ...

EDIT: No way to obtain a valid value speed...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  38. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

I have sent you in a private message a newer version with:
    - 1.25: added CUSTOM_SCORE_FORMAT to SteamLeaderboardsUI class allowing to show MPH and KMH

39. Beastlytots

Beastlytots

I just got the asset and have it working with the static example, but am having issues running it from my game code. I try to use the namespace but since the LapinerTools folder is in Assets and not Standard Assets, It won't find the scripts. Is this package missing a dll? Or am I just doing something dumb? I need to be able to access it from standard assets. Hopefully someone has a simple solution. Thanks!

40. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Just move all ESI scripts to the place where your scripts are. Std Assets are compiled before other scripts, so if you want to use mine from there, then you need to move the LapinerTools folder into the Standard Assets folder

41. Beastlytots

Beastlytots

I am an idiot, and thank you for helping. I had tried that before, but I apparently missed the other folders with Steamworks API scripts. When you import the asset it splits them into about 5 folders. I have to make sure I grabbed all of those and threw them into the Standard Assets folder. Now it is running and I can use the LapinarTools namespace. Thanks a ton. This is a fantastic asset and I will recommend it.

FreebordMAD likes this.
  42. kuniwa

kuniwa

Hello, I tried to build the sample project in Unity 2019.1.4f1 on windows10 Pro 1809.

1. Create new project.
    2. Import latest asset.
    3. Open “SteamLeaderboards.unity”.
    4. Build and run.
    5. Push “Load Scores” button.
    6. The sample application terminated abnormally.

In addition, it works normally in the Unity editor, Unity 2017.1.5f1 and macOS.
    Is there anything else to do?

43. kuniwa

kuniwa

Hi.
    After trying out various things, I found the following situation.

Create project by 2017.4.27f1. — OK.
    Create project by 2018.1.9f2. — NG.
    Create project by 2017.4.27f1, and convert to 2018.1.9f2 or later. — OK.

Best Regards.

44. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Thank you very much for finding the work around - I will try to reproduce the problem and fix it soon.

45. Chrisv007

Chrisv007

Small issue right after installation:

getting this error message:
    Assets\Plugins\Steamworks.NET\autogen\isteamparentalsettings.cs(44,44): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EParentalFeature' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Don't know how to fix it. Please help

46. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Looks like you had Steamworks.NET already installed - reinstalling might help.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ste...mworks-integration.479183/page-2#post-4146652

47. Chrisv007

Chrisv007

48. Chrisv007

Chrisv007

Having another issue now. New high scores are not making it to the Steam leaderboard. I am using the same method that the example button was accessing. I don't get it. If the button worked, this should work as well. I have a bool that triggers in my Game Manager script when there is a new high score. This is how I retreive the high score for upload to Steam but it's simply not working. Not getting any errors either. If someone could give me a hand it would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (gameManager.newHighScore)
    2.         {
    3.             m_uploadScore = gameManager.score;
    5.             Debug.Log(gameManager.score);
    7.             SteamLeaderboardsUI.UploadScore(m_leaderboardName, m_uploadScore, (LeaderboardsUploadedScoreEventArgs p_leaderboardArgs) =>
    8.             {
    9.                 // show top 10 scores around player when score is uploaded
    10.                 SteamLeaderboardsUI.Instance.DownloadScoresAroundUser(m_leaderboardName, 9);
    11.             });
    13.             Debug.Log("New score uploaded");
    15.             gameManager.newHighScore = false;
    16.         }

49. FreebordMAD

FreebordMAD

Could you please upload the editor log? Keep in mind to run ESI in debug mode

50. Chrisv007

Chrisv007

Hi Thanks but it fixed itself lol. It seemed to be a Unity issue. I restarted the editor and everything worked perfectly.
    Thank again.

FreebordMAD likes this.