Search Unity

Steam Hardware Survey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AaronC, Sep 20, 2006.

1. AaronC

AaronC

2. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

3. joacoerazo_legacy

joacoerazo_legacy

Very good resource charts, tnks!

4. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

I blame Intel for decreasing the share of ARB_occlusion_query support in the macs! The Valve charts are good as well, it's just that HL/CS player demographics is probably vastly different from, for example, web-based casual games demographics.

5. joacoerazo_legacy

joacoerazo_legacy

Will be very helpfull to get a chart for web games.

6. taumel

taumel

Well, not surprising that the mac isn't a gaming platform but aren't there some better satistics around for the macs which rely more to the target audience? I mean look at the software they sell...

7. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

What the... which graph was called "Gaming Platform"? I'm tired of this. It's such a meaningless term. Go away.

As far as better data, Apple has the best but they don't share it. This is the best I know of.

-Jon

8. taumel

taumel

>>>
    What the... which graph was called "Gaming Platform"? I'm tired of this. It's such a meaningless term. Go away.
    <<<

Problems with living in the reality? Maybe a holiday will help to relax...

>>>
    As far as better data, Apple has the best but they don't share it. This is the best I know of.
    <<<

Isn't there a popular game for the mac or a publisher who collects and shares such data?

9. Samantha

Samantha

Is there a more recent version of the steam survey? This one's great but was collected in April.

10. AaronC

AaronC

I am pretty sure the stearm one would have been started in April as I have been on steam for a month or so and only got asked to contribute yesterday...

Hope it helps somewhere along the way
    A

11. Morgan

Morgan

There is no doubt at all that Macs are a gaming platform :) Among many other things, people game on them.

There is equally little doubt that many, many, many more people game on Windows or consoles than on Mac.

Macs have a few advantages over other game platforms (and ones that are important to me) but the main advantages (like selection of titles) lie with Windows PCs (including Macs if you install Windows). Further, if you like building your own game hardware, Macs are not an option.

Now back to UT2004... can't play Doom 3 until my new Mac arrives...