Search Unity

[Steam] Bridge Builder Racer finally released!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Xitech_, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Xitech_

Xitech_

Hello everyone. I am very proud to announce my very first PC title: Bridge Builder Racer.

ON STEAM: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1084970/Bridge_Builder_Racer/
    ON TWITCH (FREE KEY FIRST 2 HOURS): https://www.twitch.tv/noobforsoup
    ON INDIEDB: https://www.indiedb.com/games/bridge-builder-racer
    PRESS KIT: http://presskit.levibucktech.com/sheet.php?p=bridge_builder_racer

What is Bridge Builder Racer?
    Bridge Builder Racer It is the ultimate test for both your engineering and driving skills. You'll have to build your bridge without any limitations other than your creativity, using the most cost effective route, and then drive your car over the bridge to go from point A to B.

Features:
    • Over 60 beautiful low-poly levels
    • Realistic car physics
    • Intuative controls
    • Steam achievements
    • Steam Leaderboards
    • Steam Cloud
    • Steam Workshop (Including Map editor!)

Build Phase
    The first thing you'll have to do is create your bridge.Bridges don't use actual physics, so get creative ;-). You can build it easily like so:
    Build.gif

Race phase
    After you've builded your bridge, it's time to control the car and race over your newly build bridge! Like so:
    Race.gif

Some screenshots:
    Screenshot_02.png
    Screenshot_01.png Screenshot_03_.png

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  2. Xitech_

Xitech_

Patch 1.1.1
    I have monitored the game and worked on another new level for the hard difficulty. Also some people have reported some bugs, thank you!

New Level
    I've added a new level, level 48 to the game. This is the last level for the hard difficulty. There are definitely plans to make another difficulty as more players are progressing towards the hard difficulty. Well done to everyone reaching the hard difficulty already! Can you finish this level with a 3 star rating already ;-)?

Twitch stream support
    To support both small and big streamers, I have now implemented the twitch API to display a streamer from Twitch in the main menu of the game. The button will redirect you to their stream.

Bugfixes
    Some people have reported some bugs to me (thank you!). The ending platforms collision was not always right and there was a possibility that the money preview or road preview would be still be visible even while in race mode. This has now been fixed!

Credits list
    Even though I have solo developed this game, I definitely could not have done this without the help of various people and beta testers. To honor them, I have added a list of people who helped me out, thanks again everyone :).

Keep on playing everyone and if you have a suggestion you can contact me of add it to the Steam discussion.

Kind Regards,

Xitech

3. Xitech_

Xitech_

Patch 1.2.1
    After more monitoring of the game, I saw that some people were having difficulties starting with the game when they've never played a Bridge Builder game. I have added a tutorial for the first level, and a few bugfixes.

Tutorial
    The first level has been re-designed into a tutorial level. You will be forced to play this little tutorial. After the tutorial, you can play level 1 as usual. Optionally you can re-do the tutorial by clicking on the tutorial button in level 1.

tutorial.jpg

Bugfixes
    Again a few bugs have been reported, thanks everyone for reporting! On some levels the camera started in the wrong position so players had no clue where the car was. On some rare occasions the camera went into the level/hill. This has been fixed.

Keep on playing everyone and if you have a suggestion you can contact me or add it to the Steam discussion.

Kind Regards,

Xitech

4. Xitech_

Xitech_

Halloween_Update.jpg
    Spooky Halloween Update!
    Happy Halloween everyone. To celebrate I've released a new major update with a brand new game mode, 16 new levels and some new achievements!

New Spooky game mode: Trick or Treat!
    A new game mode has been added to the game, together with 16 brand new spooky levels. You still have to build a bridge like usual, however, this time you need to pick up the pumpkins before finishing the track.

This could mean that you're unable to go via the cheapest route, so get creative on your new bridges!

New Achievements
    In addition to the new game mode, I've also implemented a few extra Halloween achievements!

Discord
    In the new update I have included a new Discord invite link (seen in the main menu from the game). Everyone is welcome to join to share their awesome creations and talk about the game.

If you'd like to join already, here's the link: https://discord.gg/tWFsj9p

Bugfixes
    I've also fixed a few bugs thanks to some of my new beta testers!

Happy halloween everyone!

Xitech

5. Xitech_

Xitech_

Map editor & Steam Workshop support added!
    I am very happy to announce that I've added a map editor aswel as Steam workshop support to the game. Get creative and create your own maps, and easily share them with the community so everyone can play your maps!

Map editor
    With the new map editor you can easily create your own levels! You can create small and big levels (128x128 meters and 256x256 meters). You'll have to prove you can complete the level before being able to save level and share it with the community!

You can acces the map editor via the main menu --> Sandbox --> Create map.

Steam workshop support
    Using the map editor you can now also upload your level to Steam workshop, so other players can play your newly created levels!

Graphics update
    There's also a new graphics update with the map editor update! Added bloom, reflection and ambient occlusion. Go jump in the game to see the difference yourself ;-).