Search Unity

Steam achievements and IL2CPP problem.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SamuraiG, May 30, 2020.

1. SamuraiG

SamuraiG

Hi,

i have added some achievements in the Steam web portal, things are working on the editor and the popup appears when unlocking the achievements, things are also working when I build with Mono.

The problem occurs when I build my game with IL2CPP, the popup doesn't appear and no achievements get unlocked when I checked on the Steam app, Steam leaderboards are working fine with IL2CPP.

I am wondering if anybody has faced this before and found a solution. I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

3. SamuraiG

SamuraiG

Thank you for the link. The game is building okay and I don't get any compiling errors or warnings about the IL2CPP restrictions, so I suppose my code doesn't infringe on these restrictions.

Btw, i have uploaded the IL2CPP build to Steam and downloaded the game, looks like no Steam functionality is working, including leaderboards and achievements. The Mono build build works like a charm.

I would really appreciate any help.
    Thanks.

4. BonneCW

BonneCW

Are you using Facepunch or another wrapper for the Steam API? We use Facepunch and it works with il2cpp without problems.

5. TheFellhuhn

TheFellhuhn

I alsoused Steamworks.Net and it just doesn't support IL2CPP as it doesn't support marshalling generic (or something like that) and therefore the callbacks don't work at all. Someone there posted a branch where it works and I have been using that since then and had no problems. Works for Windows and Linux: https://codeload.github.com/GMMan/Steamworks.NET/zip/manual-callbacks

6. BenBeagley

BenBeagley

Just in case anyone else comes across this looking for a complete solution:
    https://wiki.facepunch.com/steamworks/
    Garry from Garry's Mod made a C# wrapper for Unity that works in IL2CPP, and makes a lot of things easier in general.

SpinTheDaddy likes this.
  7. Abnormalia_

Abnormalia_

It works fine and overall very good wrapper. I currently have issue if I call update leaderboards score several times subsequently. After 4-5 calls is just stops updating (no error, exception or anything) retrieving data still works fine though. It just update ( best score, or replace ) does not affect anymore.

8. Geoffc

Geoffc

Yes this is good but I am having trouble listing achievements to a text mesh pro component, I can not find examples of how to send achievements to a text string only an int value.