Search Unity

Status Bar Always Hidden on Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by lloydg, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

I don't think so, unless there's a special style for that.

2. Lex

Lex

Actually it works, see me edit.

3. Conferno

Conferno

Is it possible to dynamically hide the status bar and return it when I need?

4. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

Does toggling Screen.fullScreen work for you?

5. unity_o9r7XZsufSwv-g

unity_o9r7XZsufSwv-g

Hello Yury, I've been having the same issue about the status bar. I've tried your plugin in github and it's worked, the status bar is showing up again. The thing is I can't get the status bar to be translucent. It always show up in opaque even-though I don't change anything from the github (it's still the default translucent one). However I don't really understand how do I apply the plugin into my project, I get that I have to copy the 'Plugins' folder from the github to 'Assets' folder in my project. But for the 'src' folder and the rest file, I don't really know what I have to do with them, do I copy and paste it in temp folder? (which is temporary and deleted when the editor is closed). Or do I take the unity-classes.jar file in put it in separate folder from my project and then run the gradlew.bat? I'm sorry if it's kinda basic question, I'm pretty new to mobile apps development especially using Unity.

edit 1: I don't really mind if it's opaque, but I don't want it to only be able in black color. Is it possible to add opaque color setting in your plugin? Or can you help me figuring out how to change status bar color in Unity?

edit 2: I tried to do the gradlew assemble, and it's throwing me error stated that it didn't found the com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity; in the build process. Which one Unity's classes.jar that I need to put inside the libs folder? Where can I get it?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    justdizzy likes this.
unityunity