Search Unity

Feedback Status and future of HDRP in VR

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Qleenie, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Qleenie

Qleenie

Hey,

I am using HDRP with SteamVR for quite a while, had the first successful release of a game, but am a bit worried about the future and current state. Some of the great features of HDRP do not seem to be working 100% in VR. So I wonder what the strategy going forward will be?
    Examples where I see issues in current state:
    - Planar Reflection Probes not rendering at correct resolution (since 2020 / 10.4 at least, in 2019.3 / 7.5 it was working perfectly fine)
    - Motion Vectors not being calculated properly, and with this:
    - Weird effects in using TAA or Screen Space AO

Maybe I only have these issues because I don't understand how to setup things properly, but I tried basically everthing I was able to find in documentation.

Now that VR is officially supported, is it also being tested constantly? Are there any plans to bring better support to VR ? I also looked at the HDRP VR test project from Unity, and saw many of same work arounds I am also using to get things to appear somewhat correct.
    Any insights would be really helpful, as I think HDRP and VR can be a great match.
    If these issues are within SteamVR, I am also happy to report there.

Thanks!

2. wechat_os_Qy089FIZDe7bkYzZVVSTYwFC8

wechat_os_Qy089FIZDe7bkYzZVVSTYwFC8

Hello, have you ever encountered such problems? The HDRP scene and Steam VR are not working properly. I could see the Game viewport moving with the helmet, but I couldn't see anything inside the helmet