Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Status and future of HDRP in VR

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Qleenie, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Qleenie

Qleenie

Hey,

I am using HDRP with SteamVR for quite a while, had the first successful release of a game, but am a bit worried about the future and current state. Some of the great features of HDRP do not seem to be working 100% in VR. So I wonder what the strategy going forward will be?
    Examples where I see issues in current state:
    - Planar Reflection Probes not rendering at correct resolution (since 2020 / 10.4 at least, in 2019.3 / 7.5 it was working perfectly fine)
    - Motion Vectors not being calculated properly, and with this:
    - Weird effects in using TAA or Screen Space AO

Maybe I only have these issues because I don't understand how to setup things properly, but I tried basically everthing I was able to find in documentation.

Now that VR is officially supported, is it also being tested constantly? Are there any plans to bring better support to VR ? I also looked at the HDRP VR test project from Unity, and saw many of same work arounds I am also using to get things to appear somewhat correct.
    Any insights would be really helpful, as I think HDRP and VR can be a great match.
    If these issues are within SteamVR, I am also happy to report there.

Thanks!

unityunity