Search Unity

Static Terrain??

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by youngmusa, Sep 2, 2019.

1. youngmusa

youngmusa

Hey so basically I'm making a game, like days gone but for mobile and it's going to be open world, meaning the weather is going to be constantly changing, so lights gonna keep changing as well, and I don't know weather to set my whole terrain as static (baked). Please help.

2. I will be a jerk but honest. Please drop the idea of open world for mobile for now, choose something simpler. Open world on desktop computer is hard enough to tackle that not every experienced developer can make, you are trying to make your life more miserable to try to do it on mobile and judging based on your very basic question you have no experience with anything like this. It won't work. Mark my words.
    If you want to do something, which you will finish and people actually may play it, choose something simpler.

3. youngmusa

youngmusa

I respect that but actually when I said a game like days gone, I didn't really the really really amazing graphics and storyline, I just meant that I'm making a 3D zombie survival game for Android which had no storyline, it's you, the player, hunting and scavenging just to survivee. I don't wanna do simple. Simple is boring and well simplee

gjuarez likes this.
  4. RyanHally

RyanHally

5. youngmusa

youngmusa

It’s still on the works, my project is called Deadkind