Search Unity

Static Objects Not Receiving Baked Lighting

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by lilrobot, Apr 15, 2018.

1. lilrobot

lilrobot

hello,

i'm having a peculiar issue where none of my static objects -- except for one? -- are not receiving lighting in baked light modes.

here's a view of the interior:

you can see how the house environment model is properly lit and baked, but notice how the couches aren't lit at all.

here's the lightmap view:

the objects are completely missing! all of them!

all of my objects are Static with Lightmapped Static ticked, and i've also removed any animators.
    the objects are inside of a gameobject that's a container for all of the props (and is also static), but even when removing the objects from this root gameobject, the lighting still fails.

all object import settings have "Generate UVs" ticked, and the world lightmap is set to 1024 resolution.

any idea what could be going on here?

Attached Files:

2. unity_CY0hkjIoFS7IFw

unity_CY0hkjIoFS7IFw

Were you ale to resolve the issue? Im also facing the same issues.

3. Stamblew

Stamblew

I also have the same issue in 2019.1. All objects marked as static is not receiving light even though my lights are set to Baked =/

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Are you sure they’re Lightmap static?

5. Stamblew

Stamblew

In my case, yes. I just want the environment light (from HDRI) and some spotlights to be baked. The remaining ones are realtime lights. Maybe something in my lighting settings?

Attached Files:

6. dan3s2020

dan3s2020

If someone is looking for an answer in 2020:

Select your object and Check the Contribute Global ill....and set it to Receive from lightmaps

adasroky likes this.
  7. AndrewParker3D

AndrewParker3D

I'm having the same problem. Duplicates of the same prefab are still baked but a few of them removed the bake after I set the prefab to be static. Contribute to global illumination was still checked and nothing changed after I unchecked it and rechecked it...

Must be a bug.
    I decided to try playing it and seeing if it would reset (I tried this before and it didn't work but when you have nothing new to try, you spiral into a loop of frustration and insanity) and it worked. Then however, it removed the bake once I stopped testing.

Tried playing again and Unity was extremely laggy and then crashed so I'm submitting a bug report now. o_O

Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    gareth_untether likes this.