Search Unity

Static Batching - Multiple Forward Lights interfering

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by kibebe91, Aug 9, 2019.

1. kibebe91

kibebe91

Hi,

I'm working on optimization of the game we working on and i have some questions. I want to have as much static batches as i can but some things interfere. For must of them, i solved the problems but one is particularly resistant : An Object is affected by multiple Forward lights.

What does this mean exactly ?

I baked all my scene, the scene is in substractive and i have only one mixed light (directional light). The other lights are realtime lights (less than four) but with a culling mask on my static objects (i suppose i can mask the effects of the light for my static objects with it). I have multiple baked lights but i suppose it is not the problem... Am i wrong ?

Mixed light on directional have an impact on static batching for objects marked as static ?

Sometimes, i can't batch with the previous one because objects are lightmapped ? But what the meaning of this ? (i already know that i can only see the static batching when the game is built) -> What this mean when it's happening during a built version of the game ?

Thanks you by advance for your answers :)

2. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

3. kibebe91

kibebe91

Hi !

Thanks a lot for your answer ! I figured that out ! :) But these threads answer to my questions.

Just one question : I have a non-static batching because of this : "object is lightmapped". What does this mean?