Search Unity

state option missing in create drop down menu

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by harry1023456, Apr 18, 2020.

1. harry1023456

harry1023456

i started making my project of 2d then i wanted to make a state then i right click and click on the create then at the top of that drop down menu there should be a nice looking option named state but in my case i cant find any please help i already tried restarting,making another project,reinstalling and even restart of computer.

if u helped then u could be of great help.................................................................

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

1. What part of the editor window did you right click on? Project Window, Animator Window,...?
    2. What kind of a State are you trying to create. That term is rather vague and could be all kinds of things.
    3. Have you seen that menu option somewhere before? Are you following a tutorial or something like that?
    The likely scenario is that you are missing a package or something from the Asset Store or that you're using a different version of Unity or such a package. Also possible that the menu entry moved under a different grouping in the Create menu. Have you gone through all sub menus of the Create menu?

3. harry1023456

harry1023456

ans1) i right clicked on the project window
    ans 2)i am new so i dont know that much, but i know i comes at at the top of the createmenu when we right click on project window
    ans 3) yes just a day before putting question i saw but then after seeingthe unity next day it got all crappy and my state option said by by to me ( i m using unity from last 15 days only so i m not pro so dont judge me)and yes i following a course but no need of that info coz i get those state option a day before but not now

my unity version is 2019.3.10f1 Personal
    yes i have gone through all subs of the create menu.
    and i think that package problem is not the one coz this issue is happening to me in every project i make as i already stated

now any thing that can help

4. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

It would still help me to know more context and possibly figure out what you're missing. Likely the course said something about adding something and that's now gone for some reason.

5. harry1023456

harry1023456

man i didnt even added anything still no option of state that i m saying

6. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Please tell me what tutorial you're following so that I can help you.

7. harry1023456

harry1023456

8. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Sorry can't look into that without purchasing the course and didn't have the time to try to guess their project setup. Isn't there a way to ask that question in the udemy course or directly from the instructor? They'll likely be best equiped to point you in the right way and to ammend the course material with clarifications if needed.

9. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Alternatively/additionally you could try to describe to me what that state object would have looked like/ what it was supposed to be doing so that I can maybe guess where it might've come from.

10. harry1023456

harry1023456

well i got to know why that was happened because i forgto to make a script and make a create asset menu called state well sorry for your time being waste and thank you for your response of checking scripts

11. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

No worries, glad you managed to resolve it :)