Search Unity

State of the Unity Editor in Arch Linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Eyap, May 6, 2021.

1. Eyap

Eyap

Hi !
    First, I know that arch Linux is not officially supported and won't be in the near future.

I'm currently working with Ubuntu and I found the experience better and better with tech updates.
    I am envisaging switching to Arch, and I was wondering if some people can give me a feedback of the Unity Editor in it with versions 2020+.
    Any performance differences with other Linux distros ?

The only up-to-date feedback I found was on this thread : https://forum.unity.com/threads/newest-beta-very-laggy-and-slow-on-arch-linux.971022/

2. CaglanT

CaglanT

2020.3.8f1 from the unityhub AUR package works without any problems for me. I remember having trouble making it work when I first setup my system, but I don't remember any specifics.

Eyap likes this.
  3. Timji_T

Timji_T

I had some issues in Manjaro to get Unity downloaded through the unity hub. I found the sollution on the archwiki though. Had to use "sudo mount -o remount,size=50G,noatime /tmp" to get it to work. Haven't used it alot though so I don't know how it works in the long run. Couldn't get intellisence to work so currently in windows, but I have some windows key issues so might have to switch back soon :D

Eyap likes this.
  4. Nourek

Nourek

It works great for me but I recommend using the appimage version of the hub still, rather than the AUR version or the flatpak in pamac, which have issues installing editors. Other than that everything works fine.

Eyap likes this.