Search Unity

Discussion Starting my own game company

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Asough, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Asough

Asough

What's the best way to create a game company, so that I can release my games as soon as they are finished?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  2. NicBischoff

NicBischoff

Step 1. Make game.

3. koirat

koirat

After some years...
    Step 2. Exposure
    (It is best when exposure can be done during development)

4. Asough

Asough

I went ahead and did it. It’s actually pretty easy to register your own company in my country.

5. koirat

koirat

It might be easy, but it is a problem if you have to pay for every month of owning it.

6. Asough

Asough

Yes, but I already did my research. You don’t have to pay anything for simply owning your company, at least not where I live.

I have already found a good name for my company, that I’m happy with.

The only problem is that the website that has my company’s name in it has already been taken, by people who are not using it for anything.

They are simply just occupying it, because it’s a so-called premium domain.

So I asked them if they were willing to sell it, and they offered me to sell it for about $100,000, which I think is a bit ridiculous.

It will take me years to save up that amount of money, plus I’m not really sure if I want to spend that much money on a domain.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  7. AngryProgrammer

AngryProgrammer

In my country, if I'm not my own game distributor (for example selling by Steam) I can pay taxes like an artist (extra income in an annual tax form, low tax). Still, if I'm my own distributor (selling by website) I need to register a company (tons of bureaucracy, separate tax forms, extra payments even if you don't have income, etc.).

Best to ask that question in a local tax expert office about what will be more profitable for you.