Search Unity

Question Starting or replying to a conversation in dashboard.

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by Lord_Eniac, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Lord_Eniac

Lord_Eniac

I'm sure we've all seen the conversations that pop up from time to time notifying us of various things (eCPM targets, updating pinfo.list, taking surveys, etc.), but it seems to be a very one-sided conversation. Is this intentional? If so, the name "conversation" might need to be reconsidered.

I do have some conversations that I'd like to start. One in particular involves how to change the icon of a project. Right now, the icon associated with any new project is simply

MeaninglessIcon.PNG

I've got another project in the dashboard that has a more meaningful icon, but that project was set up before the rollout of the new dashboard. I simply haven't found a way to change the icon of a new project. Any tips?

2. joonarahko_unity

joonarahko_unity

Hello Lord_Eniac and thanks for reaching out :). The conversation wording is indeed a bit misleading as we use the tool primarily for one-way communication today. I will investigate if there is anything we can do to clarify the wording.

For your question, I am happy to let you know that we have custom project icons on our roadmap. We will be tackling this in the near future. Hopefully that answer is to your satisfaction. Let us know if you have some other great ideas to make your user experience better.

3. Lord_Eniac

Lord_Eniac

That's good news, but why were they removed to begin with? Also, is there a link to the roadmap to hopefully avoid the need for questions like mine in the first place?

4. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

We do not have a public dashboard roadmap. However, that is another excellent suggestion that we can discuss internally :) In regard to custom icons, I don't think we have supported custom project icons in the past. The icons that you may have seen on the dashboard have been derived from apple store and google play store, but have not been configurable by users. However, the goal is now to give full control to the users over their project icons.