Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting a Game

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ROKplays, Jun 25, 2020.

1. ROKplays

ROKplays

I would like to create a mobile 2d game. Kind of like how https://codigames.com create theres. I know they use Unity to create them so I was wondering if there was any tutorials??

parmodkumar6258 likes this.
  2. DaDonik

DaDonik

From this about page i gather that codigames has 33 employees. I assume most of them know more about gamedev than you. So all you have to do is hire 32 people that know Unity and you are ready to go...

Now that we established that you won't make any game 'like theirs' anytime soon, you should start with learning Unity.
    That means you forget your game ideas and start learning C# and how to use Unity. I am unsure if i should recommend the rather messy Unity Learn page, but would advise you to use google and youtube to search for beginner tutorials.
    Note that you will probably have to install several versions of Unity, because you should always use the exact version your tutorial is using. This will prevent a lot of frustration due to errors that come with changes in Unity itself. Those are most likely not solvable by newbies, so use the correct version. You can get any version of Unity here.

ROKplays likes this.
  3. ROKplays

ROKplays

Thanks for the help! I have found a suitable video on youtube to get me started. Thanks for the help though....... still thinking about where I can get 32 people who know unity!!

DaDonik likes this.
  4. IrrisWhatts

IrrisWhatts

Good luck! If you still had a problem please let me know.