Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

StartHost() returning false on build versions of Netcode projects.

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by chitlaamtam, Dec 7, 2022.

1. chitlaamtam

chitlaamtam

Hi All.

StartHost() is working fine in Editor but returns false in builds.
    I have encountered this on builds of Invaders bitesize example: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/com.unity.multiplayer.samples.bitesize
    I have encountered this on builds following Golden Path tutorial: https://docs-multiplayer.unity3d.com/netcode/current/tutorials/goldenpath_series/goldenpath_one

Is anyone else encountering this issue? I'm suspecting it's some kind of build setting that I'm missing. Just to reiterate, it seems to work fine in Editor.

2. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Hi @chitlaamtam , thanks for flagging this! Can you please tell me what version of Netcode for GameObjects are you using?

3. chitlaamtam

chitlaamtam

Thank you for replying!

I'm using Netcode version 1.1.0, October 20, 2022 according to the Package Manager window

Attached Files:

4. chitlaamtam

chitlaamtam

Just to update, I've turned off all my firewalls and tried again with no success.

5. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Thanks! It looks like a bug. Could you please submit a github issue here so we can test and fix it? (Please link the issue back in yoru next reply so i can ensure the team works on that ;D )

6. chitlaamtam

chitlaamtam

7. chitlaamtam

chitlaamtam

I just noticed that the Invaders bitesize example uses Netcode 1.0.0 and a personal project I'm using has Netcode 1.1.0. Both project builds result in StartHost() not working.

8. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Thanks! Yup, it seems like a serious issue. Thanks for flagging the bug, I'll make sure somebody has a look at it