Search Unity

"Starter pack" and Asset Store

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by Cyranizzi, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Cyranizzi

Cyranizzi

Hello, good morning, good afternoon, good evening

I have been using Unity for almost 4 years now alongside other game engines and I would like to share my opinion on making game with Unity.

What I really like about Unity is C# and the different tools which are great for a pure programmer like me who doesn't really anything about 3D modeling and animations. These are the main reason I am using Unity most of the time and not the other engine starting with an "U".

But the problem are the assets provided by Unity because unlike the other engine starting with an "U", Unity's assets are very "limited" when it comes to fast-paced games like shooters or action RPGs.
    The lack of proper animations or assets like weapons FX, often held me back to other engine while I prefer Unity for its workflow and ease of use.

Most of the time I just import other game engine's assets into Unity or make my own because I can't find convienients assets on the asset store.

I think it would be nice if the Standard Asset package included more animations and FX so it would be easier to design a proper fast-pace game

2. JoNax97

JoNax97

Hey there!

First of all, you're in the wrong subforum. Here's for discussing issues with the forum itself. You probably want to post in the general discussion forum, there's a standard assets thread there.

Secondly, call unreal engineby name. There's no point in making it taboo, in fact there's a lot to learn and study from it and from every other engine out there.

Thirdly, having a wide range of assets for prototyping is cool, but at the end of the day you want to have unique assets that fit your game, so I would argue that effort would be put to better use somewhere else.