Search Unity

Bug starter assets dependencies creating errors with other assets

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by westergard, Mar 16, 2023.

1. westergard

westergard

HI, i had an asset that was working perfectly for a third person controller.

Then, i made the error of installing the Unity starter assets third person, restarted, updated the dependencies, and now i have a list of errors with the input systems. I deleted the starter assets, but the errors are still there? Any idea how to completely revert the starter assets dependencies or changes to the package manager?

I have put the errors in a picture. Restarting a new project is unfortunately not an option :-(

thanks a lot for your help

Attached Files:

2. alKaszL

alKaszL

I think this may be caused because you are using Unity's old input system. In the package manager, make sure you have the Input System package installed, and in project settings ensure that 'Input System Manager' is in the left side menu list, and that there is a input configuration file in your project. If you select the Input System Package entry from the list, if you click the gear icon on the upper right, you can see if there is one checked off, and if not, you can have one generated. I had this issue last night and stumbled across this post because now I have a new issue, so hopefully you don't have the same luck as me! good luck