Search Unity

StartClient() stopped working in 5.4.0

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Gorgor, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Gorgor

Gorgor

Is it only me or some other developers have the same problem? After I updated from 5.3.6 to 5.0.4 the StartClient() method of NetworkManager does nothing. Host can CreateMatch, the match is found by other clients and they can JoinMatch, all is fine, the OnMatchJoined callback si returned and there is where I call StartClient() but it does nothing. The Host does not see any player joined (so there is no OnServerAddPlayer() called of course) and the client which is joining just timeouts to OnStopClient(). As I cannot see any error form UNET returned it is hard to tell what is wrong. It seems like Matchmaking is working fine but client cannot join the match for some reason and "contact" server.
    Can anyone advise me what the hell is going on? I am getting nightmares about UNET lately.
    I am testing at local network as always.

UPDATE: Just ignore this, fixed. I forgot to pass MatchInfo parameter to JoinMatch().....

isidro02139 likes this.
  2. DRRosen3

DRRosen3

I can't even get the Host to CreateMatch. I get hung up on...

MatchMakingClient Create :https://us1-mm.unet.unity3d.com/json/reply/CreateMatchRequest
    UnityEngine.Networking.Match.NetworkMatch:CreateMatch(String, UInt32, Boolean, String, String, String, Int32, Int32, DataResponseDelegate`1)
    NetworkManagerAlpha:InitServer() (at Assets/Scripts/Networking/NetworkManagerAlpha.cs:68)
    MainMenuAlpha:LogIn() (at Assets/Scripts/GUI/MainMenuAlpha.cs:95)
    MainMenuAlpha:CreateCharmanderStarter() (at Assets/Scripts/GUI/MainMenuAlpha.cs:55)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

...and it goes no further.