Search Unity

"Start Remote ARKit Session" does nothing

Discussion in 'AR' started by LondonStevey, Apr 9, 2018.

1. LondonStevey

LondonStevey

Hi,
    I've had all my projects connecting fine to the ARKit Remote with version 1 of the Unity ARKit Plugin , but am trying to get V1.5 working and clicking the "Start Remote ARKit Session" button does nothing.
    I've followed all the steps, tried loading the latest BitBucket code as a separate solution, set it as a development build, and used the tutorial scenes and still nothing. I'm using 2017.3.1 unity build.
    Anyone else having this problem?! heelp! :)
    Thanks

2. purplehaze90

purplehaze90

Hello, It seems we have been understanding the remote connection wrongly. Was stuck on this issue for days, and I found this hugely helpful link which mentions "from the Unity directions that you were only supposed to build the remote scene to the iOS device in order to get the remote to work. In case anyone else is hung up on this step, you need to build only the UnityARKitRemote scene to the iOS device. After that, you can change scenes in the Unity editor and play those and you'll be able to see them in the Unity game view window running using the device camera."
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/arkit-support-for-ios-via-unity-arkit-plugin.474385/page-35