Search Unity

Starship model

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Samantha, May 11, 2006.

1. Samantha

Samantha

Hi all. I thought I would post the progress I have made with my space ship 3D model. I'm not at all experienced in 3D modeling/texturing, and have been kind of learning as I go. That said, I am looking for some help in texturing this model. If anyone is interested in helping out, please shoot me a private message. Enjoy!

2. CoherentInk

CoherentInk

Any chance you could repost the images?

3. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Yeah, the images are a no show. This happens sometimes and I'm curious if it's a file size limitation?

I'd like to see what you came up with too.

4. Samantha

Samantha

Very strange... I uploaded the images with my post, so maybe it's an artifact of moving the forum from forum.otee.dk to forum.unity3d.com

I'm at work and don't have access to the model, but I will repost tonight. I should qualify this by saying that I'm not working on the shooter right now, and I'm not sure if I will be working on it in the near future.

However, if an interested artist and programmer were to sign on-board, I'd be happy to produce and manage a small team to create a pretty kick-ass prototype, then shop it around for funding :)

5. Samantha

Samantha

Here are some snaps I took tonight. Please note, it's missing a texture right now because my UVs got all messed up the last time I made some tweaks, and I haven't had time to go back and fix it. Actually, I'm not too fond of the texturing job I've done anyway, hence the reason I'm looking for help.

Attached Files:

6. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

If anyone has tips for exporting properly from blender. I was going to do his UV and textures but the model never imported with the visor into Maya from any .obj or .3ds I was given.

7. CoherentInk

CoherentInk

I could use some tips for exporting from blender as well. Just see my other posts. If there are any tips or tricks, someone should post them here and on the wiki.

That is one sweet model, Ulognep. I wish I had the skill to craft something like that...

8. pete

pete

if you can wait...

i'd be totally happy to work with you on it but! i'm going out of town friday for a while and expect that work is going to be brutal in august. if you're still in need in mid-september i'd be happy to.

don't know the blender export prob. if you want to send me the blend, i'll throw it in lightwave and get you back an fbx if you want another crack jeff. that i can do before i go...

9. Morgan

Morgan

I can't advise on the textures, but... cool ship!