Search Unity

Starlink: Tactical Sci-Fi RTS

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ArenMook, Apr 11, 2013.

1. ArenMook

ArenMook

Lil' side project I've been working on since December -- and the main reason why I developed TNet. Most of the work on Starlink was actually done over the holidays, but it wasn't until now that I finally managed to put the finishing touches on it and call it "done"(ish).

What is Starlink?

Starlink is a tactical real-time strategy game about galactic domination. You start by controlling a star in a procedurally generated galaxy, and each star you control produces ships. You can direct ships to other nearby stars that happen to be connected via hyperspace routes in order to capture them, but beware other hostile factions trying to do the same.

If the AI proves to be too much of a challenge, invite a friend (or five) to play with you, and share control of the galaxy with them, or join opposing teams and compete against each other -- it's all up to you.

To make the flow of the game even less predictable, each player can choose from a large list of abilities to take with them into each match that can drastically change the way the game plays. Some abilities are defensive in nature, some offensive, and others are a mix of the two. There are even abilities that let you reshape the galaxy to your advantage, collapsing or creating new hyperspace routes between stars.

And if that's not enough, certain abilities can be used in a sequence for even more devastating effects.

Can your galactic empire prevail and rise up above others? There is only one way to find out... By playing it!

Web Player

Google Play

Amazon

iOS? Soon™

Obligatory video with cheesy commentary:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  2. Kinos141

Kinos141

I applaud you, good sir. Tell me, was this a solo effort or did you have a team.

$applause.jpg

3. ArenMook

ArenMook

Music was done by another talented guy -- Angelo Cicero. The rest I had to do myself.

4. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

i like it, and i guess it will be the first game i am going to buy from the google store ;)

good work Aren :)

5. Cripplette

Cripplette

This game is really good, just download it and support Arenmook bros!

6. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

downloaded it too and i really, really like it.