Search Unity

Starbase Gunship, an action space sim

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by MythicalCity, Dec 27, 2012.

1. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Hi everyone,

I've just launched my latest game Starbase Gunship for iPhone/iPad. Would love some feedback. It uses a bunch of 3rd party plugins as well like Prime31, Playhaven, NGUI. If anyone has any questions about integrating those feel free to post them here.

http://bit.ly/sbgunship

2. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Here's a new trailer for the game:

3. marine565

marine565

It seems interesting..I really think you should do some work with it.
    improve the graphics. But with some work it could work out great just depends
    what you have planned for it

4. Paradigm-SW

Paradigm-SW

Looks pretty fun. I agree with marine565, the art could use some work.

5. noxistudios

noxistudios

Excellent job, ... the art style I believe suits the magnitude of the game, and it looks like you've put the right amount of effort into all the right places, to get this to a releasable state, which on it's own is impressive.

Loved the NGUI menus, was NGUI easy enough to work with?

6. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Thanks for the feedback!

Any specific parts of the art that you think could use the most improvement? ie: the models, the skybox, the screenshots, the FX? The starbase? The UI?

Thanks noxistudios, yes NGUI is a breeze to work with, at least compared to using Unity's UI or the UIToolkit that I was using before. If you can grab it on sale then definitely do it. I've used it on 3 games so far and it actually makes adding a UI fun :) Plus their support is pretty good and there's a lot of video tutorials. Their manuals aren't all that great but they have a forum with lots of helpful people.

7. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

I am working on an update to the game and using the awesome Space Graphics Toolkit (from Asset store) to make this sweet planet with rings for a new mission

8. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

The 1.1 update to Starbase Gunship is now live, lots of new stuff including 2 new missions. To promote, I have made the game FREE today (Friday Jan 18th 2013).

Help spread the word by sharing the link to the game:
    http://bit.ly/sbgunship

And leaving an App Store review. So far the game has received 4.5 stars :) I would happily return the favor.

9. SS Nothing Less

SS Nothing Less

I'm curious to see which part of the graphics/artwork you guys are referring to. I think the graphics are pretty decent. Then again, I don't play games for the graphics. I'm all about gameplay and replay value. Hence why I still play SNES games. :) This game is really fun though.

10. Gaming Zone FR

Gaming Zone FR

Can you do a free webbrowser version of your game for promote the "appstore" version ?

11. MythicalCity

MythicalCity

Thanks!

That's a good idea, I could definitely get a free version up that features the first few waves from a mission.

12. Gaming Zone FR

Gaming Zone FR

Well, but i'm not interested to promote a free game if the free game is a "flanged games" with the first few waves ... but it's interesting for player of your site for testing the game ...

But you can see a answer like i want with this game : ANGRY GRAN RUN, DEADLOCK, ...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013