Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Standard shader renders white on standalone and web platforms.

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by ConjureScape, Jan 6, 2015.

1. ConjureScape

ConjureScape

Hi All

I asked this question on Unity Answers but I think this is probably the correct place to address beta problems. For reference the original question is here: http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/unity-5-pre-order-beta.72/

I just had my first attempt at using Unity 5.0's PBS shaders. I applied the standard shader setup and while everything looks great in the Editor, the object with the PBS shader applied renders either pure white or pure black.

Please see the screenshot below. The two objects with a standard bumped diffuse applied renders ok, but the two with PBS came out white. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

I'm using Beta 18

2. RustyFlash

RustyFlash

This may be of no help whatsoever, but I had the same problem with a personal shader that I had been using fine through all the previous beta's. Somewhere around b16-17, it only displayed in white.

I examined my shader and found this line,

Code (CSharp):
    1. _MainTex ("Base (RGB)", 2D) = "White" {}
    Changed 'White' to 'Black' and all was working fine again. Perhaps there is a similar issue in the PBS shader?

3. ConjureScape

ConjureScape

The issue seems to be project specific. In my main project the bug does not occur. Luckily for me the problematic project was only a quick test and therefore if the bug does not recur it is irrelevant for my needs at least. I will shout if it happens again.