Search Unity

Standard Assets projector doesn't render while playing.

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by benoneal, Oct 4, 2018.

1. benoneal

benoneal

I'm making a mobile game as pure ECS as I can. For performance and intentional style reasons, I need a blob shadow, unfortunately, it needs to be a projector (the player character can sit on the far edges of a track, and a quad would make it look like a shadow hovering in thin air).

I imported the blob shadow projector from the standard assets package, and while it works perfectly in scene view when not playing, it doesn't render at all while playing.

I've tried altering the shaders of the surfaces it's being projected onto, the ignore layers, and the shader render queue.

Is there anything about how the MeshInstanceRenderer works that would prevent projectors from rendering? My guess would be that it's rendering geometry over the top of the projector, but I would have assumed that would be handled by the shader render queue.

2. pcysl5edgo

pcysl5edgo

I wrote an article about not rendering on IL2CPP environment and its reason. It will help you if you can read Japanese.
    https://qiita.com//pCYSl5EDgo/items/61ccd89d5829cd162ef8

I suppose you can't read it.
    Check
    Edit > Settings > Graphics > Shader Stripping > Instancing Variants

If it is 'Strip Unused', change it into 'Keep All'.

3. benoneal

benoneal

@pcysl5edgo thanks, but unfortunately that didn't resolve this issue.

4. benoneal

benoneal

Here are some screenshots: First, in the scene view, when not playing, the projector appears correctly.

Now, after hitting Play, this is the scene view, with the projector not working at all (it doesn't work in the Game view either).

I'm really at a loss as to what could be causing this.

5. benoneal

benoneal