Search Unity

Question Standard assets Ethan navMeshAgent AICharacterControl issues with animation

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by Bilobog, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Bilobog

Bilobog

Hello!

I have issue with using NavMeshAgent with standard assests, the "AIThirdPerson" prefab. At start of test animation plays very gltchy, and jittery, but after around 10 seconds it start to move normally, without any issues. No additional messages in Console.
    What I did:
    From standard assets put "AIThirdPerson" on terrain.
    Baked NavMeshSurface like tutorial say.
    Put controller and animator in required places in prefab, and a destination point(game object from scene) in "AI Character Control" script.
    And the issue is same. I tried to use different values of speed, acceleration, mass, gravity, and else, but when it moves - it's still glitchy from start. I tried to reimort/redownload assests, but it's still same issue.
    Please help.

2. Bilobog

Bilobog

Please help!)

3. Bilobog

Bilobog

Solved. NavMeshSurface spawn above terrain, and character constantly lift above ground, and trying to transfer from "Airborne" state to "Grounded".
    I've remove transition between those states in animator, and adjusted NavMeshSurface Y position, so the character won go over or under 0.