Search Unity

Standalone Viewer

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by Tazza08, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Tazza08

Tazza08

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible but i would like to be able to use the Reflect package without the project manager.

My company work a lot with restricted models and they don't like seeing things like the project canvas with other files in the same space.

The idea would be to produce completely separate projects for each model but still be able to get all of the meta data information etc.

i hope this makes sense,

thanks

Lee

2. quintus_smit

quintus_smit

Hi Lee

You can do this by importing the model instead of streaming it via the project manager. That will allow you to build a standalone. The drawback is that every time the model is updated you would have to rebuild it. The alternative would be to assign each project to a specific user account. When you log into the viewer with that account only the one project will show up.

3. Tazza08

Tazza08

Thanks! ill give it a go.

quintus_smit likes this.
  4. dandeery

dandeery

Hi Tazza08

I was just wondering if you managed to do this. How did you import the model into Reflect

5. FredMoreau

FredMoreau

Unity Technologies

You could create unique logins (UnityIDs) and give them restricted access to specific projects, so that you can log in and only see the projects you have access to.

6. dandeery

dandeery

That wont work because they could be on a site that does not have Internet access or poor access. It need to be stand alone

7. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

The Reflect Viewer allows you to download the projects ahead of time and cache them, so you can open them offline later. Would that work, or am I miss-understanding your ask?

8. dandeery

dandeery

I think that would work. So I would just download them and store them locally. Can I control the folder where these are stored

9. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

@dandeery Not at the moment, it's something we'll add at some point though. They are all stored in the local cache, which is "C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Unity Technologies\Unity Reflect Viewer" on PC.

10. quintus_smit

quintus_smit

Tazza08 likes this.