Search Unity

Standalone Input Module / Touch Input Module behavior difference

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by FamerJoe, Aug 28, 2014.

1. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

When I have a Standalone Input Module enabled, and I have say a few buttons on the screen, I can press and hold a button, then move off that button and get the OnPointerExit trigger, then while still holding the mouse button, I can enter another button and get the OnPointerOver event.

When I have Touch Input Module enabled, the behavior is different. When I press and hold a button, then move off that button, I still get the OnPointerExit trigger, which is fine, but when I enter another button's area, no OnPointerOver trigger is fired, and when I exit it, no OnPointerExit is fired either. As a matter of fact, no more triggers are fired for any button, except the original button I had pressed if I go back to it.

I'm trying to create a group of buttons where I can just drag my finger across and they will toggle on or off, without having to "click" each one. Like I said, it works with the Standalone Input Module (in the editor), but not the Touch one.

Anyone know what's going on here? Have a work-around? Or just a bug or limitation?

rakkarage likes this.
  2. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

Well, I got it to work on mobile by using the Standalone Input Module instead of the Touch Input Module with Allow Activation On Mobile checked!

jschieck likes this.
  3. adhdchris

adhdchris

Yeah the Touch Input Module is completely useless at the moment. I had a similar issue with raycasts not being blocked till I switched to Standalone. It seems to be working flawlessly now, what are the benefits of using the Touch Input Manager though?

4. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

None that I can tell; I just tried using it at first because it was there, but if it doesn't work, there's not much point to it.

5. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Can you please log a bug, we are unaware of the TouchInputModule behaving incorrectly.

6. FamerJoe

FamerJoe

Done, I just reported it with full example.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Can you post the bug number for this. I am having the same issues and have logged a bug also.

I found that if the user touches a button then moves the finger while releasing and within the bounds of the button the OnClicked is not fired. It causes issues with the transitions so if you have an animation it stays in the pressed mode and never goes back to normal.

8. Lypheus

Lypheus

I'm finding an issue where if I run the application on stand alone or in editor, clicking a button always works smoothly in a scrollview (i.e. the button is inside the scrollview content panel). On Android however, it takes several taps sometimes to work. Is this a known issue?

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

I believe I have found the issue here.

I recently started removing a bunch of Scenes so I could get down to just one Scene in the game. Each scene I had created had an Event System in it for the Canvas' and also a Touch Input Module.

To fix my problem before I just disabled the Touch Input Module for almost all my scenes but my startup (only because I forgot to disable it here) and things were working.

Once I went down to one scene I had disabled the Touch Input Module and wasn't getting input but after enabling it again it all works.

So Possible Issue: Multiple Scenes with an Event System and Touch Input Module can cause responsive issues?

falcondevelopers likes this.