Search Unity

Question Standalone Crash Help - Understanding Log Files

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Jasozz, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Jasozz

Jasozz

Hello!

I recently released a game, and a very small number of users are reporting crashes that I can't reproduce myself. I'm looking for some help sifting through the log and crash dump files because I'm not really certain what to look for.

I've attached a zip with a pair of files from a player's session - the Player.Log (trimmed to the crash) and the crash .dmp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The only common thread I've been able to find with these players is that the crash happens mostly in busier combat segments - which unfortunately means it could be... alot of stuff. A graphics driver issue, maybe bad RAM? But there aren't any notable exceptions or code errors before the crash occurs.

Attached Files:

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It crashes in particle drawing code. I am asking around if this is a known and potentially fixed issue, as you are using a pretty old engine version.

Jasozz likes this.
  3. Jasozz

Jasozz

Much appreciated!

I've been too anxious to update engine versions for fear of potentially breaking things, but if that's the fix that's needed, then I'll buck up and just get it over with.

4. Jasozz

Jasozz

I went ahead and backed up my game, and updated Unity to the 2021.3.11f1 LTS. I pushed an experimental build out, and the users who were affected by the crashes say they're having smooth sailing now!

I appreciate you being willing to check this out! Whatever the issue was seems to have been fixed by updating the engine version.

Tautvydas-Zilys likes this.