Search Unity

Stamping out "positive" racism in America and in g

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mark J, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Mark J

Mark J

Edited by David Helgason: Removed irrelevant discussion of racism in America.

2. Samantha

Samantha

Is this like, a game concept or something? Because if it is, I think it's a bad idea.

3. jeremyace

jeremyace

ROFL... :D

-Jeremy

4. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

First Person Shooter,

5. Sync1B

Sync1B

rofl

No rpg.

very strange bot...

Bill

6. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

This would be an interesting art piece (spam poetry bots or spam graffiti tagging where the bot posted a digital "bubble tag"), but spam racist propaganda bots are kinda troubling.

7. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

Spam bot again. Looks like otee needs to put a bot/human filter on thier registration form.

8. Mark J

Mark J

Looks like you are all too ignorant to read it properly, and too brainwashed to even consider any of the logical and true points made in that little article.

I'm not surprised, just a bit disappointed that nobody even had the manners to read it properly and give it the respect it deserves.

Had it been about racism towards races other than Whites, I'm sure you would all take it very, VERY seriously.

Perhaps I should do some Martin Luther King or Malcolm X quotes next time...

9. Mark J

Mark J

Lol, such a game would not go down well.

Yet games like Grand Theft Auto are perfectly acceptable.

Ones again, hypocrisy shines through.

:roll:

10. Mark J

Mark J

Raising very true points that highlight the absurd hypocrisy of political correctness is spam?

Oh dear, that's me learned MY lesson...

11. Samantha

Samantha

I never said games like Grand Theft Auto are perfectly acceptable. Personally, I think GTA is one of the most offensive influences in our society today.

I also think that coming into a forum dedicated to VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT and pasting some essay you found is not the right way to get our attention. I skimmed your essay and decided it was spam.

If you're truly interested in bringing social issues to our attention, try an approach like:

"I would like to make a socially-conscious game that challenges people to think about racism, and I'm looking for help. I have *these* skills and I'd like to work with people who have *these other* skills."

There are a lot of sophisticated, educated members of this forum and I'm sure that at least some of them would be interested in discussing these issues progressively with you. However, that requires you to respect the community that you have entered. Until then, do shut up.

12. Sync1B

Sync1B

We all thought you were a bot because it was highly inappropriate for this forum. Please keep this forum unity based. It gets a lot of spam junk as it is. Like Ulognep said take this else where.

Bill

13. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

Okay, this will be the first time we censored this forum. we find any kind of racism disgusting, but that's not even why this gets removed.

This forum is simply not the right place to discuss genital enlargement medicaments, scatalogy, or the philosophy of the language of political correctness.

:)

d.

14. AaronC

AaronC

I dont think predjudice towards other people (or animals)is constructive in any way-come on we ALL have the opportunity to make this world a bit nicer. Maybe using predujice(Jeez I wish I knew how 2 spell that)types as enemies is acceptable? The game "manhunt" where white supremists are baddies springs to mind.

In the spirit of"I have these skills can I help you?"
    Does anyone need any artwork or sound samples?
    Collaboration Sounds Good. I'll be happy to have a go at helping

15. Snoodleberg

Snoodleberg

Funny that the genocide of the red indians is omitted from these kinda discussions. Am I allowed to say that?

On a slightly deeper level, to enforce tolerance on others inherently makes one intolerant, thus a hypocrite.

Third and foremost, I assume this forum is based in a democratic nation, however even if it is not, the internet in general is governed by 'freedom of speech' and censoring anything therefore - in my view - should be considered wrong.

BTW : I'm n00b around here, where's the refreshments?

16. hsparra

hsparra

What happened to the "red" indians was unfortunate and, unfortunately, not all that uncommon in history. Just as a fyi for those that may not know, researchers believe approximately 98% of the deaths were due to disease, the biggest being Smallpox. Of course, in some areas the pox was helped out. I can think off one instance where pox laden blankets where intentionally given to a tribe.

17. Snoodleberg

Snoodleberg

I'm not a history teacher, so i wouldn't know, but I'm inclined to agree on the idea that people shouldn't make a big stink on things that happened in the past, unless they directly affect themselves - but I would have to say those cases are rare, or even exceptional. To clarify, I would like to also point out that I'm not a big fan of "them and us" attitudes in general.[/quote]

18. yellowlabrador

yellowlabrador

19. Sync1B

Sync1B

rofl,

Nice man.

Bill

20. tsphillips

tsphillips

That's an amazing render! :wink:

21. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Dog biscuits and booze... a gentlemen among gentlemen. ;-)