Search Unity

Stalled builds following a "Cleanup mono" after running unit tests using Unity 2017.3f3

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by james7132, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james7132

james7132

2. james7132

james7132

I just confirmed it. It only happens when running unit tests on with MonoBleedingEdge enabled.

3. stephencoorey

stephencoorey

Seeing the same problem after upgrading from 2017.1 to 2017.3 on our build machine.

How do you turn off MonoBleedingEdge for unit tests?

4. james7132

james7132

I simply turned off unit tests and ran them locally, as it seems to only stall on Unity Cloud Build, before making any big merges,but I would much rather be able to run these tests as a part of continuous integration.

5. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Thank you @james7132 and @stephencoorey for pointing out this issue. The issue seems to occur if you have set your Scripting Runtime Version within the Player settings to Experimental (.NET 4.6 Equivalent) and you enable Unit Tests within Cloud Build. We will look into getting this resolved.

To workaround this, either set the Scripting Runtime Version to Stable (.NET 3.5 Equivalent) or disable Unit Tests on Cloud Build, as mentioned by @james7132.

6. stephencoorey

stephencoorey

Thanks Ollie, we aren't actually using Cloud Build, we are just running the tests via the command line with these arguments:
    -nographics
    -batchmode
    -runEditorTests

We are indeed using .NET 4.6 Equivalent, and can't go back to 3.5, so we will disable tests while we wait for a patch

7. james7132

james7132

Is there any update or an ETA on when this issue might be fixed?

8. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

I can confirm that this fix was put to production in the last patch and this issue should now be resolved.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm still seeing this issue on 2019.2.17f1, sporadically, unrelated to running unit tests. The editor just doesn't close reliably even though we're using "-quit -batchMode"

10. victorw

victorw

Since that issue is unrelated to cloud build, your best chance of getting a fix would be to submit a replication using the Editor (Help -> Report a Bug).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.