Search Unity

[STAFF PICK] Dev Time Tracker - how much time (and money) are you spending in Unity?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EMOTION-THEORY, Apr 1, 2016.

1. EMOTION-THEORY

EMOTION-THEORY

TIME TRACKER has been featured by the Unity Asset Store team as a staff pick! Get it here: http://u3d.as/qhi

Website | Twitter | Discuss in Unity forum

EMOTION THEORY'S TIME TRACKER

This is an invaluable, non-intrusive tool made for automatically keeping track of your game development time in Unity.

HOW TO USE

You can find your time tracking information displayed automatically in the bottom left corner of the scene view. Once you purchase and import the asset, you do not need to do anything.

FEATURES
    • Full Source Code.
    • Completely automatic and non-intrusive. You don't need any clunky docked windows that take up your screen space. It begins to work the second you import the package into your project.
    • Detailed time tracking graphs statistics. View detailed analytics on your past dev time data by day, week, month, year, or all-time - but only when you want to.
    • Project cost calculator. Optionally set a salary per hour which in turn will show you how your time correlates to cost. Handy for gauging roughly how much your project costs in man-hours.
    • Export time data to CSV. Create weekly / monthly / annual time / pay sheets.
    • Timer runs only when you're working. When the user is idle or away from the computer, time does not count. This makes the timer run accurately and automatically.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN EMOTION THEORY'S TIME TRACKER

See more of my assets and game projects at emotiontheory.com

CONTACT

Inquiries, questions, feedback or suggestions can be sent through email or twitter @EmotionTheory.

LEGAL

(C) Copyright 2016-2018 Emotion Theory Limited.

All code is provided as-is, etc, etc. No responsibility is on my part if something happens to your computer or your project. You are free to use this package among various projects, but this purchase license grants the use for only one developer. Distributing any and all text files and code to others is strictly prohibited.

Get it here: http://u3d.as/qhi

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  2. EMOTION-THEORY

EMOTION-THEORY

VERSION 1.1 NOW AVAILABLE

New in Version 1.1
    • Detects when the user is idle or away from the computer
    • Added a little fold button to easily hide or show Time Tracker
    • Now works with all versions of Unity 5.X
    Download: http://u3d.as/qhi

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  3. EMOTION-THEORY

EMOTION-THEORY

VERSION 1.2 NOW AVAILABLE

New in Version 1.2

Statistics panel

This panel allows you to review your past times in a visual bar graph, viewable by day / week / month / year / all-time.

Export to CSV

This allows users to save out your weekly / monthly / annual times & salary (handy for billing)

Other changes:
    • Lowered support to Unity 4.7.2+

4. EMOTION-THEORY

EMOTION-THEORY

I'm happy to announce that TIME TRACKER has been featured by the Unity Asset Store team as a staff pick!

Check out their tweet about it and their featured page.

Thanks to all who've checked out TIME TRACKER!

5. bitbutter

bitbutter

Interesting product! I have a couple of questions:

I'm looking for a tracker that allows me to track just my own hours on project that i work on collaboratively (source control) - ie. i don't need to see other devs hours. Does Time Tracker facilitate that? (and how does this work exactly? Does it add files to your project or to some other place on your system?)

Does Time Tracker track both time spent working in the unity editor as well as in Monodevelop?

Thanks

6. EMOTION-THEORY

EMOTION-THEORY

Hi there, sorry for the delayed response. Thank you for your interest!

It works by adding files to your project, so everybody can track their own individual hours if you choose to ignore the data file in your source control. This is a Serialized Object that holds your personal time data.

The way it works is as long as the Unity Editor is open and you're not away from the keyboard, it will add up your time. So you could be using Monodevelop and it would still track your time safely.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask :)

Happy belated New Year!

7. EMOTION-THEORY

EMOTION-THEORY

VERSION 1.3 NOW AVAILABLE

New in Version 1.3

Updated Statistics panel + Export features

• Some updates have been made to improve your experience in the Statistics panel, including a better and more concise display.
    Improved settings options

• Users now have the option to show or hide certain features, such as salary or deadlines, among others.
    Other changes
    • Minor bug fixes and stability updates
    • Upgraded to Unity version 2017.3
    • Fresh new look

8. Lanslot

Lanslot

Although I haven't bought this asset yet, I have a little bit of advice here.Many people should share my doubts about whether the time spent on other applications should be included in the development activities.Why can't we set a idle time threshold at the beginning?Once the Unity editor is no longer active, and it have been exceededs the idle time threshold.When we back to Unity Editor, You can remind us how long we've been away, and we can confirm what the effective time is.My English is not good, hope you can understand.

9. Mochnant

Mochnant

I'd buy if there was an option to specify only Unity and Mono or VS Code counted as dev time. I don't see the value of allowing all non-idle but non-Unity time to count.